Suryanamaskar is a series of 12 asanas that has been performed by yogis since the ancient times. These yoga asanas not only activate the Chakras and the elements of the body but they also help you to eschew from the negativities surrounding you. A 10-minute morning routine of Suryanamaskar would do wonders to your body and mind. Here are some benefits of Suryanamaskarthat you can reap by following a daily routine :
- It helps in stabilizing and strengthening the digestive system tract and helps in curing constipation.
- It helps in invigorating the nervous system and helps to restore them to normality.
- It helps in curing and preventing blood pressure and palpitation.
- It improves quality and circulation of blood.
- It gives wind to the lungs and helps to develop it such that tuberculosis and many such diseases are prevented.
- It helps to mitigate goiter and other thyroid gland related diseases. Owing to the stretching of the neck, Suryanamaskar helps in precluding many thyroid and other hormone related diseases.
- It improves spleen’s color by removing toxins thereby resulting in a clear and glowing skin that we all dream for.
- It helps in strengthening back, core, abdomen, thighs, arms, waist, neck, calves and ankles.
- It helps in providing relief from menstrual cramps and pain.
- The pregnant women can benefit from ease in the morning sickness and many pregnancy and labor related issues like immense pain and sudden increase in weight post pregnancy.
- Improves the quality and quantity of milk in nursing mother which is helpful for both mother and children.
- Acts as a cardiovascular exercise if done at a fast pace.
- Its very helpful in weight-loss. It helps in reducing abundant and stubborn fat around the waist, thighs, neck, back and belly which is hard to lose.
- Removes many kinds of kidney problems by strengthening the back.
- Removes the condition of bowleggedness and helps people suffering from knocked knees.
- It improves immune system of the body and gives you disease resisting capabilities.
- Imparts a physical as well as mental poise.
- Helps in generating positive and optimistic thoughts.
- Improves your mental and physical poise.
- Slowly and steadily takes you towards the physical perfection.
So, if you can gain so much from just 20 minutes of yoga, why not follow it religiously?
Recommended Reading: Benefits of Ayurvedic Medicines