The connection between music and heart, though not like the relation between heart with dieting and exercise, but it does have a minor role to play in our body system. You must regularly ask yourself about your current cheer-up songs as it helps you in boosting your health and keeping your mood right and happy. Listening to music can also make you enthusiastic and energetic for work or in general.
Music not only engages with the auditory system of your body but also with your brain that is responsible for the movement of your body, the language that we speak, the attention we pay to someone or something, the memories that float through our heads, and the emotions we go through at different times. Music alters your brain’s chemistry which produces cardiovascular benefits.
The major connection between music and heart is:
- During a workout routine music can help you to exercise longer on treadmills, cross trainers and bikes. These exercises focus on cardiac stress testing.
- Music helps in relaxing the arteries which improves the functioning of Blood Vessels.
- When your body is physically tired, listening to music can help in returning your heart rates and your blood pressure levels back to normal/baseline.
- Listening to music can help in reducing anxiety in patients who have been survivors of heart attacks.
- People who go through heart surgeries have a chance to recover with less pain with the help of music.
- There is no downside of listening to music while doing exercises or when you’re relaxing, just take care of the volume levels which should be in a safe range.
Disclaimer: This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.