Doesn’t matter if these winters are making your skin dry or it is dry by nature, you need to pay enough attention and pamper it to keep it glowing. Just buying a whole lot of beauty products for dry skin won’t be good enough it if you don’t nourish your skin from the roots.
We recommend following a simple daily skin care routine for dry skin:
- Always use warm water in the morning to open the pores.
- Use milk cleanser specially designed for dry skin and massage it in circular motion to rejuvenate the pores and blood vessels. After a minute or two, rinse it with water.
- Use a good toner to clean dirt off your skin. You can use rosewater or cucumber.
- Use cocoa-based moisturizer which is best for dry skin. After applying, wait for at least 10 minutes to let it seep inside the skin.
- If you are going out, apply sunscreen of SPF depending on the state and country you live in. This should be at least 30 minutes before you step out in the sun. Apply sunscreen on all the exposed areas.
- If you use highlighter or foundation, mineral foundation is considered the best for dry skin.
Read: Benefits of Waking Up Early.
Throughout the Day
- One of the best way to keep your skin replenished is to keep yourself hydrated. Avoid oily food.
- Your snacks and lunch should be healthy. Water-based fruits and vegetables should be in your diet which shall keep your skin rejuvenated.
- Keep your face, hands and feet moisturized throughout your day.
- If you apply lipstick, always apply a thin layer of lip balm before the lipstick as this shall prevent your lips from getting chapped.
Read: Healthy Breakfast for Women.
- Wash your skin with lukewarm water.
- Use a good dry skin based makeup remover that doesn’t cause any more dryness to your skin.
- Use a good milk cleanser for dry skin that shall clean up your pores and remove all the dirt that you would have accumulated throughout the day.
- Use a thick and creamy moisturizer and massage it for a minute or apply a good night cream.
- Do not forget to drink ample amount of water before you sleep.
Hope you are able to follow it and give your skin the best care they deserve.
Recommended Reading: Common causes of Dry Skin Patches.
Disclaimer: This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.