Tired of the large pores and the pimples that come up every once in a while? It becomes very difficult for people with oily skin to manage their skincare. Due to sebaceous glands producing excess sebum, it often results in greasy looking face and black or whiteheads. The positive part for people with oily skin is that the oily skin is less prone to wrinkles and other ageing signs due to the moisture skin get from the natural oils.
We are giving you a simple daily skincare routine for the oily skin:
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water so all your pores are cleared.
- Use the cleansing gel or foam cleanser which is sulfate free because it will dry your skin which will further result in secretion of more oil. Use cleansers that have benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, beta hydroxy acid.
- You do need to moisturize your skin, but the key here is to use a light water-based moisturizer which shall keep your oil secretion in check.
- If you have to apply sunscreen, choose the one designed for oily skin, for example, mineral powder sunscreen or zinc oxide sunscreen. And for a foundation, use powdered foundation, which acts better than the liquid.
- Apply all the cosmetics 30 minutes before leaving the home to help the product settle into your skin.
Read: Five Tips to deal with Morning Sickness.
Throughout the day
- Keep a blotting paper handy which you can use whenever you feel that your skin is getting oily.
- If you need to wash your face couple of times in a day, carry a light moisturizer. Do not use any product that is sulfate or alcohol based, or mineral oil or petroleum based, as these might clog your skin.
- Drink lots of water which shall help to keep your skin rejuvenated and remove toxins from the body.
- Keep a healthy food intake and avoid oily and buttery food.
Read: Daily Skincare routine for Dry Skin.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water and use a cleanser of one of the above-stated types.
- Apply toner which has ingredients like sodium PCA or geranium or witch hazel which shall help in retaining and cutting oil from your skin.
- Use oil-free moisturizer.
You can also exfoliate your skin at least three times in a week which shall clean up an extra layer of dead skin cells. Use these tips to bring a balance to your skin and keep your skin rejuvenated.
Recommended Reading: Summer Skin Care Routine for Oily Skin.
For more articles like Daily Skincare Routine for Oily Skin, do follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Disclaimer: This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.