Managing curly hair isn’t that hard. All you need to learn is some new habits and leave some habits that are bad for your hair. Here are a dozen Do’s and don’ts for curly hair.
Do’s and don’ts for curly hair- Things to do for your curly hair
Conditioning- Curly hair tends to be dry, so make sure you use plenty of conditioners. Interestingly, even when curly hair tends to be dry, your scalp is quite oily. If you condition your hair often, your hair will be soft and tangle-free.
Learn to detangle
Since curly hair is prone to tangle easily, so first you need to learn how to detangle. Detangle your hair from the ends towards the roots of the hair. Remove the knots gently.
Find the right products
When your hair is concerned, use products that work best for your hair. Find what works for you!
Use of wide-tooth comb
The best thing you can do to your curly hair is using a wide-tooth comb. It will help in detangling your hair without breaking.
Do read: How to get Glowing and Smooth Skin by using Desi Ghee on face
Do’s and don’ts for curly hair after a hair wash
Apply products to wet hair
Be sure you apply the products right when you finish your shower. This will prevent frizz and lock moisture into your hair.
Avoid brushing your hair when dry
Don’t brush your hair when it is dry because that will make your hair frizzy.
Avoid straightening your hair regularly
Do not straighten your hair regularly. Remember you are beautiful the way you are. Styling and straightening your hair will make your hair week and dull. If you really need to straighten your hair, use a hair protectant spray to protect it from the heat.
Avoid using regular towels
Rubbing your hair with a regular towel will create the kind of friction that gets hair frizzy. Use a soft T-shirt, or a microfiber towel instead. Don’t rub your hair, just squeeze it.
Must read: Hacks to keep your lipstick long-lasting
Some points to remember- Do’s and don’ts for curly hair-
- Don’t over-wash your hair. Your hair already has natural oils that give hair natural shine and elasticity. Over-wash will make your hair look dull.
- Don’t use a lot of shampoos. When it’s time to wash, use a small amount of curl shampoo. Gently massage the scalp and hair gently, then rinse.
- Do use a conditioner. Conditioning with a quarter-size amount of curl conditioner and apply it from tip to root.
Do read: Ways to prevent your nails from breaking easily
- Use your fingers or a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair before you rinse out conditioner.
- In order to make your hair look smooth, apply hair masks.
- Don’tblow dry on full blast. You can’t be harsh on your beautiful curls.
- Use a little Curl Gel-Cream to your dry hair to add smoothness and shine.
Must read: Why is it important to apply sunscreen even when you’re Indoors
For more articles like, “Do’s and don’ts for curly hair”, do follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Disclaimer: This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.