“If you look good, you feel good.” Everyone has heard of this phrase and everyone has experienced that boost of confidence when everything about you is just on point. Our hair is a very crucial part of looking good. Whether it is the perfect quiff or lusciously flowing hair, no one would deny that extra strut in their walk with their hair blowing in the wind.
In the busy schedule of the everyday workaholic, there’s barely any time for anyone to take frequent trips to the salon for hair masks and treatments, which honestly, burns a hole in our pockets. Let me give you some tips to get healthier and shinier hair in the comfort of your home, sans the extra ‘dollar’.
Vitamins and minerals required:
Vitamin B 12
- Promotes hair growth, thickens hair strands and prevents hair loss.
- Available in Eggs, Almonds, Nuts, Legumes, Milk, Meat and Whole Grains.
- Helps build collagen which is essential for hair growth and effective for hair growth.
- Available in Oranges, Red peppers, Kale, Strawberries, Grapefruit, Guava and Lemon.
- Prevents hair loss.
- Available in Spinach, Shrimp, Flax seeds, Kidney beans, and Legumes.
- Assists hair growth and overall wellness of hair as it carries O2 to the roots.
- Available in Leafy vegetables, Fortified grains, Meat, Seafood, and Tropical fruits.
- Antioxidant which helps to build and repair tissue helps reduce inflammation, repairs damage endured by the hair follicles and encourages hair growth.
- Available in Almonds, Spinach, Kale, Plant oils, Sweet potato, and Avocado.
These vitamins and minerals can be supplemented with capsules and tablets as well. Do check with your physician before taking any supplements. Other foods which are good for our hair include Salmon, Yellow peppers, Sunflower seeds, Oysters, Eggs, Amla, Greek yogurt, Cinnamon, Oatmeal, and Barley.
Recommended Reading: 5 weight loss tips for lazy people