Food to eat during covid – Nutrition is very important for corona patients and those who have recovered from the corona. The body becomes weak due to coronavirus infection. In such a situation, it is necessary to eat a proper diet to gain strength back.
Food to eat during covid – Nutrition Guidelines for COVID-19 Patients
- Don’t consume leftover food.
- Do regular workouts and do breathing exercises.
- Eat a balanced diet with high biological value protein and some carbs and healthy fats.
- Oral nutrition supplements and antioxidants to be taken as advised by your doctor.
- Increase consumption of antioxidant vitamins and minerals.
- Increase intake of vitamin C and vitamin D.
Must Read: Why are people turning vegan?
Food to eat during covid – COVID-19: Food Do’s and Don’ts – what to eat and what not to eat by covid patients
We are giving below some of the guidelines to help you gain your immunity and strength back. Do remember to check with your doctor.
- COVID patients should consume foods that help rebuild muscle, immune, and energy levels. Oats are some good sources of carbohydrates, chicken, fish, eggs, cheese, soy, nuts, and seeds protein.
- Healthy fats like walnuts, almonds, olive oil, mustard oil are recommended. Turmeric milk should be taken once a day. You can take dark chocolate in small quantities with at least 70% cocoa. Take soft food at short intervals.
- Eat light food like khichdi, dal-chawal, green vegetables with roti, etc.
- User very less spices while preparing the food.
- Do not consume cold food or drinks.
- Use whole-grain cereals like oats, wheat, millets, brown rice. These will give you a boost of energy.
- Add some proteins to your diet through soy and soy products, nuts, seeds, eggs.
- Eat fresh and seasonal fruits. Kiwis are considered good.
- Add food with immune-boosting properties like herbs. You can add them in kadha or tea. Spices like cinnamon, ginger, turmeric (use fresh), cloves are good. If you can get fresh tulsi leaves add them too.
- Avoid processed and deep-fried food.
- Consume salt and sugar in moderation.
- 2 glasses of Electral are also good for you.
Must Read: What is Black Fungus or Mucormycosis
Food to eat during covid – Important tips on safe food from WHO
- Most micro-organisms do not spread any disease, but there are also some that are widely found in soil, water, animals, and humans. These micro-organisms are present on our hands, cleaning clothes, utensils, cutting boards. If they have slight contact with food and drink, then there is a risk of diseases due to food and drink. Keep poultry products, raw meat separate from other food and drink items. Use the knife and chopping board when handling raw food.
- Ensure that there is no contact between the prepared food and raw food. Keep the food items in the container.
- Meat, poultry products, eggs should be cooked well.
- While boiling things like soup and stew, the temperature must be up to 70 ° C.
- Do not store food for too long in the fridge.
Disclaimer: This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.