Freehand exercises at home– Whole India has been under lockdown due to corona virus. In such a situation, doing every work yourself sometimes become a challenge. It’s tough to maintain your routine during lockdown but it’s tougher to keep yourself energetic and fit during lockdown. For this, it is very important that we do some kind of exercises at home so that we remain refreshed, energetic and fit.
So, let’s tell you when and how you can take care of your health with some simple free hand exercises at home. Do remember to do warm up and cool down exercises before workout, otherwise you may end up having stretched muscles.
Freehand exercises at home during lockdown – workout at home
- What can be better than plank? Sit on your yoga mat or carpet.
- Then lie on your front with your forearms on the floor, toes tucked under, and then pull up your bodyweight.
- Keep your body in a straight line – don’t sag in the middle. Keep your core tight. Hold for few minutes and rest!
Cross-Body Shoulder Stretch
- It is considered as the most comfortable exercise.
- In this, you have to sit on the ground with the waist straight and hold the elbow of the left hand with the right hand at the back.
- Take your arms to the back so that it feels in the chest.
- Hold yourself in this position for 10 seconds and then come to the first stage.
- For this exercise lie down on the ground and get back up quickly.
- You have to repeat this process at least 5 times in a row.
- Do this continuously for 2 minutes. If you feel tired, then take 10 seconds break in between.
- Squats are best when it comes to freehand exercises. It helps in making the muscles strong and burning side and thigh fat.
- To do this, keep both arms open in the front and stand up straight.
- Now bend your knees and pose to sit as if you are sitting on a chair.
- Start with 10 squats in one set and then slowly increase the number to 15-20. Do 3 sets.
Must read: Healthy Salad Recipes; Indian Salad Recipes
- It is beneficial for both upper body and core strength.
- Push-ups are great for triceps, back, and shoulders. It also helps in boosting blood circulation in the body.
- People who do regular home workouts must include crunches in their exercise.
- If you are looking for a way to strengthen abdominal muscles then this is the best exercise for you.
- Crunch can be done anywhere. You just have to lay on the mat, and bend both legs with knees.
- Fold hands and place palms behind the head, this will give support to your head.
- While exhaling, raise yourself up off the floor as much as you can keeping neck straight.
- Skipping with a rope is a great cardio exercise.
- You do need a bit more space for this. It’s an easy way to get the heart rate up.
- Try to do skipping in sets so that you have time to take rest in between.
Disclaimer: This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.