Home remedies for acne scar removal are always recommended as they don’t have any side effects. Acne is painful and embarrassing. It leaves behind scars that might actually scar you for life! We are sharing with you home remedies for acne scar removal naturally.
Acne can be classified into two subtypes – Noninflammatory and Inflammatory. Whiteheads and blackheads usually fall under the noninflammatory subtype, while papules, pustules, nodules, and cysts are the inflammatory types of acne.
Depending on the severity, acne scars can last weeks, months or longer. To deal with these stubborn scars, many people rely on chemical creams and expensive treatments. If you want a safer alternative to get rid of the scars, try some simple and effective home remedies.
These remedies may not give you the results in a day, but they are safe and without side effects. Before trying the remedies, bear in mind that you need to have patience and use the remedies religiously.
Don’t worry, we have come up with a list of home remedies for acne scar removal. Read on to know more.
- Aloe Vera Gel-Every night before going to bed, make sure to apply some Aloe Vera gel on your scars after cleaning them properly. Aloe Vera is a potent source of vitamins which can help to heal skin and fade scars. It is gentle, so you won’t have to worry about further damaging or irritating skin.
- Vitamins-The best vitamins for our skin is Vitamin E and Vitamin C. When we have these two together, it helps us to improve the quality of our skin. Probably the easiest way to use vitamin E for healing scars is to simply puncture the end of a gel capsule and squeeze the contents onto your fingertip. Apply the oil directly to scarred skin or mix it into your daily moisturizer to help heal acne and pimple scars faster.
- Coconut Oil-It is at the top of the list when it comes to the natural moisturizers with healing properties. Scoop about a quarter of a teaspoon of organic virgin coconut oil into the palm of your hand and let it melt as it comes up to body temperature. With your fingertips, massage oil directly onto scarred skin and let it soak in. There is no need to wash, coconut oil away as the vitamins and essential fatty acids will continue to work and improve skin health as long as you wear it. However, if the oil is too heavy for your comfort, leave it on for at least thirty minutes before removing with an all-natural cleanser.
- Potato Juice–Vitamins and minerals-rich potato is another vegetable which is great for skin health and healing. Use the juice of a fresh organic potato to fade acne and pimple scars by cutting off a few thin slices and applying them directly to affected areas. Alternatively, you can cut thicker slices and apply the juice by massaging them over scars. For best results, leave potato juice on your skin for at least fifteen minutes before rinsing off with warm water. You can do this up to once per day.
- Honey Mask– Another natural moisturizer which can help heal scars is honey. It is best to use raw honey, not the processed kind found on the shelves of most chain grocery stores. To obtain the best quality, try your local farmer’s market or this is a good option available on Amazon. Once you’ve got the good stuff, simply massage a small amount of honey over your scars and let this wonder of nature work its magic. You can also mix about a teaspoon of ground cinnamon per two tablespoons of honey for added pore-cleansing power. Use this treatment as often and for as long as you like.