Home remedies for ear pain – Earaches can come out of nowhere and say hello to you. Usually, earaches are more prominent in children rather than the adults. Majorly it affects one ear at a time.
Ear pain is caused due to mild or severe ear infections, wearing headphones for a prolonged time or putting cotton swabs/fingers that damage the skin of ear. Sometimes the pain might be consistent in first 24 -48 hours but you don’t need panic and rush for antibiotics because ‘desi cures’ are there for your rescue. You can try out any these without any second thoughts because they are completely natural and ease out the ear pain efficiently. So without any much further ados, let’s see what these remedies are-
Home remedies for ear pain – home remedies for ear infections
- Wrap some ice in a thick cloth/towel and gently press it outside the affected area for 15-20 minutes. Make sure you don’t put is inside the ear as wetting your ear may aggravate the infection.
- To release the obstruction caused by solidified ear wax, dribbling few drops of warm olive oil help to smoothen out the blocked ear canal.
Must Read: Hypothyroid symptoms cause treatment
- The easiest remedy of all is a salt compress. Yes, you heard it right. Just take half a cup of common salt and place it on a low heat for few minutes. Then transfer the warm salt on a cotton towel and secure it with a rubber band making a pot shape. Place the salt bag on the affected area for 10 minutes. Repeat this twice or thrice a day for the best results.
- Sleep positions that include having the affected area raised above, can help the ear drain. Rest with your head on two pillows to reduce the pressure on the affected ear.
Home remedies for ear pain – home remedies for earache
- Ginger is an excellent home remedy as it has anti-inflammatory properties that help relieves pain. All you have to do is drink ginger juice mixed in half cup of lukewarm water.
- Next up we have the most common yet effective home remedy for ear pain i.e. garlic. Crush some garlic cloves and soak them in mild hot oil like mustard or sesame oil for 10-15 mins. Strain the mixture and gently massage it on the outside area of your ear.
Must Read: Remedies for chapped lips
- Naturopathic ear drops that are specially curated with therapeutic herbs, vitamin E and essential oils come in very handy for immediate treatment.
- Apple cider vinegar can do wonders because it has antibacterial properties that help to treat bacterial infections in the body. Mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar with warm water and drink it twice a day. You can even apply this mixture around your ear.
Home remedies for ear pain
- If you have caught ear pain after spending relaxing hours in the swimming pool, that’s probably because water had made its way to your ear canal. An easy-peasy remedy is to use your hair blow dryer on medium heat and place it at some distance to your ear. The hot air will help to evaporate the extra moisture jammed up inside the ear.
- Yawning, jaw exercises or chewing gums helps to release the pressure of the ear nerves and reduce pain.
Must Read: Prostate cancer symptoms cause treatment
Disclaimer: This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.