Wondering how to find the right shoes? Well, a lot of times we end up buying shoes that we realize are not comfortable and often leave blisters on the feet too. It is very important to not let the looks of the shoe be the deciding factor.
Here are some tips to find out which shoe is best for you and how to find the right shoes:
- Always get your foot traced for the right size. Place the shoe you think you might buy to trace its size and if it is narrower or shorter than your feet then avoid trying the shoe on, even if you like it.
- You should try going out for a shoe shopping spree during late afternoon or evening. This is because our feet naturally expand during the day. This makes it easy for you to try the best shoe size for you.
Must Read: Remedies for Dry Feet
Here are more ways to know how to find the right shoes:
- While you’re planning to go out to buy a show, wear a sock that you intend to wear with the shoe. This will help you figure out the right spacing gaps and comfort of the shoe.
- Get both your feet measured every time you buy new shoes. This is because, with age, the size of the feet also changes. Our feet tend to grow larger and wider as we grow and that is why it is important to keep measuring your feet every time you go out to buy shoes.
- While you put on new shoes, make sure you stand and walk around in them to get an idea about how it will make you feel. Also gently press on the top of the shoe to make sure you have some space between your longest toe and the end of the shoe. This provides enough room for your foot to press forward as you walk. You should also try to wiggle your toes to know how much space will be free for your toes to move.
- Always remember to trust your comfort level, no matter how chic the shoes look.
- Try twisting the shoe slightly holding it from both the end as its very important that the shoe has a small amount of torque.
- The shoe should be able to give you arch support. When you try the shoe on do check if the arch if having enough support.
Also Read: Tips on how to make exercising a daily habit
Here is how to find the right shoes for yourself:
- Pay attention to the width as much as you do for the length. Ask for a wider size if the shoes are uncomfortable. Buying a shoe which is half a size bigger or not wider is all the trouble you must stay away from.
- Feel the material of the shoe inside and see if they have tags, seams, or other material that is likely to irritate you or might cause shoe bites.
- Make sure you examine the sole of the shoes. Check if they are sturdy enough to protect your feet from sharp objects. Check if the shoe provides cushioning and don’t forget to walk and check the feel of the shoes before buying them.
- And last but not least, keep your focus on the purpose the shoe is being bought for like walking, jogging, cycling, gym, office, party, etc.
Disclaimer: This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.