How yoga can reduce stress, anxiety, and hypertension
In today’s world, life is full of stress, anxiety, and tension. Waking up early, going to office or school, doing work late at night, restless nights, there’s a lot to balance!
This busy schedule can sometimes add emotional stress. In order to reduce stress, one must talk to a friend or family member, take time out for leisure, and if required, meet a counselor. But apart from these, a person must do yoga to calm and balance lifestyle.
So, how yoga can reduce stress? Yoga can reduce stress as it relaxes the body, mind, and soul. People should do a bit of yoga every day as this will help you to stay calm, focused, balanced, and relaxed.
How yoga can reduce stress:
Helps in relaxing body
- Doing Yoga in the right way can reduce tension and relax the body. Many yoga postures have a calming effect on our body and mind.
- Balasana (Child’s Pose) and Shavasana can help in soothing, relaxing the adrenal glands and create internal and external calmness.
Do read: Best five yoga poses for runners
Helps in relaxing mind
- When we are stressed out or anxious, our mind becomes busy. We tend to think about various things in one go. Yoga can help us in focusing on one point at a time.
- Yoga helps in meditation. Meditation is a very powerful tool for relaxing and slowing down the mind. As you start performing yoga, you will start to move towards a more relaxed internal state.
Reduce stress and handle breathing problems
- Stress and tension can cause breathing problems and anxiety. Yoga gives you the opportunity to breathe more effectively by utilizing the whole lung capacity.
- There are certain asanas like Brahmari (humming bee breath), Nadi Shodhana (alternate nostril) and Ujjayi (victorious) that can reduce stress and control breathing problems.
Must read: Relax your mind soul & body with Yoga
Helps in developing a connection between the Mind and Body
- When the mind and body are connected, there’s a great sense of harmony and peace in our life.
- Yoga teaches us to be sensitive and calm in each movement and to listen to our bodies. The practice teaches us to live in a more mindful, conscious and connected way.
Do read: Famous yoga institutions in India
Release Emotional Energy
- Emotions like fear, anger and guilt cause stress, if they are not expressed. Through practicing yoga, one can release emotional energy effectively.
- Through yoga and meditation, we can learn how to reduce the impact of stressful situations and can become much happier, and healthier.
Disclaimer: This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.