Magnesium is one of the seven most essential macrominerals required for a proper functioning of the body. To present to you an idea of the importance and benefits of magnesium you must know, it participates in more than 300 enzymatic reactions in our body which also includes metabolism, synthesis of fatty acids and proteins, etc…
Know more about the importance and benefits of magnesium. Our body in amount contains magnesium only 25 grams out of which 50-60% is stored in our bones and the rest is present in muscles, soft tissues and other body fluids. When the body falls short of magnesium it either takes magnesium from the bones or functions in deficiency, which are both bad signs for health.
Here is some more information for you on the importance and benefits of Magnesium.
- Strengthens Bones– Magnesium forms an important part of the bone formation. It absorbs and digests calcium in the bones and activates Vitamin D in kidneys, which again is healthy for bones.
- Prevents Diabetes– Magnesium plays a role in the metabolism of carbs and glucose, which impact on the risk of diabetes. When you take higher amounts of magnesium in your diet, the risk of diabetes becomes lesser in your body.
- Reduces Premenstrual Symptoms–Magnesium intake along with vitamin B6 helps in relieving symptoms of premenstrual syndrome like bloating, leg swelling, weight gains, insomnia, breast tenderness, etc…
- Cardiovascular Health–
- People who consume magnesium after a heart attack have a lower risk of mortality. Magnesium is used as part of treatments for various heart problems like Congestive Heart Failure, abnormal heart rhythm, etc… Higher levels of magnesium also lowers the risk of stroke.
- Prevents Headaches– Magnesium therapies help in preventing headaches. These things are only to be functioned by health professionals, so please don’t try them all by yourself.
- Relieves Anxiety– When magnesium levels in our body reduces, the levels of anxiety increases. It is related to the HPA which stands for hypothalamic pituitary adrenal which controls a person’s reaction in relation to stress. Also, a diet with low magnesium content alters the types of bacteria present in the gut which finally affects the anxiety behavior.
- Relieves Constipation– Magnesium is the most effective and quick remedy for constipation. You must only take a high dose of it as a water-soluble supplement in the most serious cases of constipation. Magnesium helps in relaxing the intestinal muscles which help in pooping.
- Increases Energy Level– When the intake of magnesium initiates enzymatic actions it creates cellular energy which boosts the level of energy in your body.
- Stimulates absorption of different minerals– Magnesium helps in absorbing minerals and vitamins like calcium, sodium, potassium, etc. This happens in the small intestine which also allows detoxification of toxins.
For more updates, do Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
Disclaimer: This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.