Coronavirus Live Updates in India – Latest Coronavirus News Updates – The China Coronavirus has been making the headlines for quite some time now.
16 March 2020
- The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases across India stands at 110, with 93 Indians and 17 foreign nationals.
- The number of people cured/discharged stands at 13 and fatalities/deaths so far is 2.
14 March 2020
- The second coronavirus fatality in India was reported from Delhi. The 68-year-old woman was tested positive for Coronavirus and was reported dead due to co-morbidity(diabetes and hypertension) on 13th March 2020.
13 March 2020
- The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases across India stands at 81, out of which 64 are Indians while the other 17 are foreign nationals.
- The first coronavirus fatality in India was reported from Karnataka. The 76-year-old man was tested positive for Coronavirus and was reported dead due to co-morbidity on 10th March 2020.
12 March 2020
- The government on Wednesday decided to virtually quarantine itself from the rest of the world. The government has canceled all visas due to the Coronavirus Pandemic.
- With the latest updates from the Government of India, a total of 57 Indians and 17 foreign nationals have been tested positive for Coronavirus in India so far.
11 March 2020, In a move to bring back Indian nationals from Italy, the Indian government will be sending a team of doctors to Italy by Thursday (12 March) for testing its nationals for coronavirus, to bring them back.
11 March 2020, The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases in India stands at a total of 50. This includes 4 from Delhi, 9 from Kerala, 1 from Telangana, 9 from Uttar Pradesh, 2 from Ladakh, 1 from Tamil Nadu, 1 from Kashmir, 1 from Punjab, 4 from Karnataka and 2 from Maharashtra. Apart from these, there are also 14 foreign nationals who have been tested positive for the Coronavirus in Haryana and 2 in Rajasthan.
On 4 March 2020, at 12:30 PM, an employee of Mindspace at Hyderabad has been tested positive for coronavirus. Both Mindspace & Brightspace offices are closed down for now.
On 2 March 2020, two positive cases of the nCoV19 have been detected in India. One case is detected in New Delhi while the other one has been detected in Telegana. The person from Delhi had a travel history from Italy while the other (from Telangana) had a travel history from Dubai.
Here is what Prime Minister Modi had to say about the tensions that are rising in the country post the detection of these two new cases.
Had an extensive review regarding preparedness on the COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus. Different ministries & states are working together, from screening people arriving in India to providing prompt medical attention.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 3, 2020
Timeline of the Corona Virus in India – Latest Coronavirus News Updates (latest coronavirus news)
Protective measures against the corona virus china were first applied in India in January 2020. The government made sure to issue travel advisories to its citizens. It also provided thermal screenings for passengers arriving in India from China at 7 major airports in India.
The first case of the Corona Virus in India was detected on 30 January 2020. It was a student who had returned from Wuhan University to Kerala.
Then, the second case of Corona Virus in India was confirmed on 2 February 2020 in Kerala. The individual was reported as a constant traveler between India and China.
On 3 February 2020 came another coronavirus update in India. It was again reported in Kerala. The patient was reported being traveled from Wuhan.
These three patients have been reported as recovered.
Latest Coronavirus News Updates –
105 people were quarantined across Maharashtra for possible exposure to the virus. Out of these 105, 4 were kept under observation while the others were discharged. On March 1, 2020, there was another suspected case of the Corona virus in India at the Mumbai Airport. Another case of the China Virus in India was an Italian citizen from Jaipur.
Latest Coronavirus News Updates –
On 1 February, India evacuated a total of 324 people. This included three minors, 211 students and 110 professionals from the Wuhan region. They took these people on its first Air India flight evacuation.
On 2 February, India evacuated its second Air India flight. This carried nearly 323 Indians and 7 Maldivians from the Wuhan region. Further, on 7 February, Brazil evacuated 34 Brazilians, 4 Poles, 1 Chinese, and 1 Indian from Wuhan by its Air Force planes.
Then on 27 February, the Indian Air Force evacuated a total of 112 people from Wuhan. This included 76 Indian nationals and 36 foreign nationals. This was the third evacuation flight sent by India to Wuhan. India also provided 15 tonnes of medical assistance. This included masks, gloves, and other emergency medical equipment to China through the same IAF flight.
Now, passengers traveling from 12 countries are being screened at Indian airports. This includes passengers from Kathmandu, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Malaysia.
Basic Protective Measures for all – Latest Coronavirus News Updates (latest coronavirus news)
To stay protected from the corona virus symptoms / symptoms of coronavirus follow these simple measures:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Maintain social distancing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Practice respiratory hygiene by covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care at the earliest
- Stay informed and follow the advice given by your healthcare provider
Latest Coronavirus News Updates – Helpline Numbers
Here are the helpline numbers for the Coronavirus:
The Helpline Number for Coronavirus: +91-11-23978046
The Helpline Email ID for coronavirus: email@example.com
What are the Economic Impacts of the Corona virus in India so far?
On 2 March 2020, the BSE SENSEX witnessed a flash crash. This came on the back of Health Ministry’s announcement of the two new confirmed cases of Corona virus in India.
FM Nirmala Sitharaman also said that her government would soon come out with steps to help the industry limit coronavirus impact.
Recommended Reading: Health Benefits of Drinking Water
Disclaimer: This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.