Oily Skin is a big problem during summers and need special Summer skin care rituals, otherwise it can cause pimples, black heads and a constant discomfort. With the growing amount of pollution, heat and dust, oil embedded in your pores can really harm your skin. In such situations, skin care is of utmost importance. Here are some tips of Summer skin care i.e. to take care of oily skin during summers:
1. Oily skin is caused by the secretion of sebum from the sebaceous glands. Sometimes when this secretion is due to hormonal problems or biological reasons, it becomes hard to control. However, if these are not caused by the above issues, it can easily be prevented. Make sure that you do not consume too much fast food that are oily in nature or deep fried. Prevent eating food from outside since they contain substances that can initiate more secretion of sebum.
2. Wash your face daily. Preferably once after waking up and once before sleeping. Face wash can really help to reduce the amount of oil that is stuck inside your pores and make your skin glowing and smooth. It also prevents pimples and other facial problems due to oiliness.
3. Do not overuse makeup just to cover up your oiliness. It might be convenient for you since it does the work, but it might do more harm than good. Prevent the use of makeup if your oiliness is getting out of hand, especially foundations and pancakes. These can clog pores and cause more damage. Use water-based makeup products rather than oil based and look for products that are non-comedogenic.
4. Some home remedies to take care of oily skin :
(a) Jojoba Oil: It is said to work much better than a mask meant to cleanse oily skin. It is believed that it tricks the sebaceous glands into producing less sebum by mimicking its consistency.
(b) Tomatoes: Not only are tomatoes used to remove tans, but the acidic quality of the tomatoes help unclog pores and clean the oil off the face.
(c) Aloe Vera: Apply a thin layer of aloe vera on your skin and leave it overnight. By morning, the flaky skin called by oil on the face will disappear.
(d) Egg whites and lemons: Mix one tablespoon of egg whites with one tablespoon of lemon juice. Again, the acidic nature of lemon and the exfoliating nature of egg whites help contain oily skin and keep it fresh.
Recommended Reading: Beauty Hacks DIY
5. Another really fun trick you can use to clean oily skin is blotting papers. Yes! Blotting papers help clean excess oil off your face and keep it dry all day. Scientific experiments finally came handy, right?
These are some of the tricks and tips for Summer skin care of oily skin. If none of these work, we would suggest you consult a dermatologist. Happy Skin Care!