Monsoon is coming, it’s time to keep you and your body healthy because during monsoons the chances of fungal infections are high. So, certain precautions are an absolute necessity to stay healthy. During monsoon, keeping the face clean and moisturized is very important and so is our feet. Foot care is as important as our face because if your feet are in a damp situation for a long time, there is a possibility of catching infections and fungus. Here are some tips for foot care to avoid fungal infection in monsoon.
Tips for foot care to avoid fungal infection in monsoon
Avoid wearing tight shoes
- Closed and tight shoes during monsoons are the best place for pesky fungal infections.
- Wearing tight shoes will increase the amount of moisture in your feet, so keep your feet dry.
- Wear open-toed shoes as far as possible or any waterproof slippers to avoid fungal infection.
Say no to pedicures
- Okay, let me clear this out! Pedicures at home are safe but pedicures that are done at salons can put you at risk of getting foot infections since there is no guarantee that the tools being used have been sterilized after the previous use.
- So, it is better to avoid salon pedicures and try to opt for home pedicures during monsoons.
Use foot powder
- People who sweat a lot should always use foot powder to keep the moisture and smell away.
- Germs and bacteria increase quickly in humid and sweaty surroundings. Hence, keeping your feet dry will prevent germs growth.
Must read: Tips for Skin Care during Monsoon
Use good quality of foot and nail cream
- Using a good foot and nail cream will make your feet smooth and crack free.
- Make a habit of cleaning your feet before going to bed and apply foot cream on a regular basis because germs develop easily on the skin that is already cracked.
Do not soak in rainwater
- Avoid soaking your feet in the rainwater. If your shoes are wet, remove them as soon as possible, wash your feet with fresh water.
- Use antiseptic liquids and later apply moisturizer.
More tips for foot care to avoid fungal infection in monsoon-
- Foot scrubbing is very important during monsoons. Scrubbing helps in removing dead skin cells and will keep your feet fungal free.
- Before taking a bath, soak your feet in warm water for 10 minutes. Add any liquid soap or herbal shampoo to the water. Scrub your feet and wash.
- Moisturizing is essential not only for your face, hands skin but also for your feet.
- After you scrub your feet, apply any moisturizer to feet. It will replace old dead cells from new ones.
Must read: Best Places to visit in September in India
Lemon and neem
- Neem and lemon have antibacterial and anti-fungal characteristics.
- You can use slices of lemon, neem leaves or simply use neem face wash in warm water for pedicures.
Keep your feet clean
- Wash your feet every time you return home from outside. Even if you are at home, keep your feet clean.
- Getting off dirt with gentle warm water and a mild soap daily can help you keep fungal infections aside. You can also rub your heels with a pumice stone.
- Use natural oils every day to keep your feet soft, fungal free and healthy.
- Massage your feet and nails with olive oil and coconut oil. This will bring back natural moisture and make your feet look attractive again.
Disclaimer: This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.