Most of us complain that even though we lose weight, but the belly fat never ever goes away. We all know that there is no chance of getting a flat tummy without abs crunches. All the dieting in the world cannot replace a few rounds of abs crunches when it comes to losing belly fat. However, belly fat is stubborn and your body soon gets used to doing crunches easily. To keep surprising your body, you will have to do different types of crunches.
The crunches are mainly just a core working exercise and burn fewer calories comparatively, but they move in a controlled manner, flexing and releasing the core muscles which help in building the abs. This exercise does not use any equipment and you can do it anywhere. It also improves your muscle strength and flexibility.
There are 8 different types of crunches that you can do in order to get a flat tummy. The basic principle of doing abs crunches remains the same, you have to stress your abdominal muscles to the maximum. These crunches are based on small alterations.
For example, to do bicycle crunches, you paddle each of your legs at a time while you do the crunches. There are also positions like twisted crunches. For these types of crunches, you have to move to your side instead of rising straight to slim down the sides of your waist. Here are the 8 different types of crunches that you can do and also tips on how to do them correctly.
- Regular Crunches: You don’t really need to think too hard to do regular crunches. Lie flat on a floor mat, put your hands behind your head and raise yourself up while putting pressure on your abdomen.
- Twisted Crunches: Lie flat on a floor mat and raise yourself to the right first and then the left. The twisted crunch works on the muscles on the side of your stomach.
- Bicycle Crunch: While you lie flat on the ground, pull up both your legs and keep them straight. Then as you rise to do the ab crunch, fold one of your legs at the knees. It should be the like paddling a bicycle and doing crunches at the same time.
- Double Crunch: Fold your legs at the knees and hold them in that position. Now do the crunches in a regular way. You fold legs but double the pressure on your abdominal muscles.
- Vertical Leg Crunch: Raise your legs straight up and keep them straight. Now put your hands behind your head and raise your body to do the ab crunches.
- Oblique Crunches: Lie on your side and rest one arm. Place the other hand behind your head and raise your body sideways. This type of crunch helps to lose fat from the sides of your waist and gives you an ‘8’ like shape.
- Raised Crunches: When you go to a gym, you can try another unique type of ab crunch. Place yourself on the gym ball and put your feet firmly on the ground. Now do the crunches from this position.
- Reverse Crunches: Regular ab crunches will help you lose upper belly fat. To lose lower belly fat, lie flat on the ground and then raise your legs up. Fold your legs at the knees and push them back to touch your chest. Reverse crunches reduce lower belly fat.
For more updates, do Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Goog