What is A2 milk and benefits of A2 milk– Milk is the primary source of nutrition and a popular dietary staple in many countries. There are various sources of milk like cows, camels, goats, sheep, and others. Other sources of milk are soy, rice, coconut, almond, flax, and hemp.
This article will give you information about what is A2 milk, benefits of A2 milk, and how A2 is different from other milk.
What is A2 Milk? How is it different from A1 Milk?
Nowadays, a new type of cows milk has appeared and that product is A2 milk. A2 milk is a variety of cows’ milk that is easier to digest than other types of milk.
What is the difference between A1 and A2 Milk?
- Milk is a good source of protein – 8 grams (g) per 8-ounce (oz) per glass. The foremost difference between A1 vs A2 milk is Beta Casein.
- A1 milk comes from Hybrid cows who produce A1 Beta Casein and this A1 Beta Casein produces BCM 7 which is not considered good for the health. But, A2 Beta Casein doesn’t produce BCM 7 and is also good for the digestive system.
- When A1 protein is digested in the small intestine, it produces a peptide known as beta-casomorphin-7 (BCM-7). This BCM-7 discomforts the stomach. The structure of A2 protein is similar to human breast milk, as well as milk from goats, sheep, and buffalo.
- Earlier, cows produced milk that contained only the A2 form of beta-casein. But today, most of the milk available in dairy contains A1 proteins.
What are the benefits of A2 milk?
Now after understanding what is A2 milk, here are some health benefits of A2 milk:
- Helps in building strong bones
A2 milk is a great source of calcium that helps in building strong bones. By regular consumption of A2 milk, you can ensure healthy bones for a lifetime! If you don’t like to drink milk, you can add this milk to your cereals, oats, or smoothies.
- Every glass of A2 milk has 8 grams of protein
A2 Desi Cow milk has enough protein that can repair and relax your muscles after an intense workout session.
- It has vitamins and minerals
A2 milk is full of nutrients like Vitamin A, D, and B12. It also contains phosphorus, potassium, and riboflavin.
- Safe for Lactose intolerant people
A2 milk doesn’t cause the inflammatory reaction to those who are lactose intolerant. When you consume A2 milk, you can get its benefits without any gastrointestinal pain.
- Free of hormones and antibiotics
The cows which produce A2 milk aren’t given any growth hormones or antibiotics to increase the quantity of milk. Every sip is natural and safe for consumption.
Must Read: The Wonder product for Health called ‘Honey’
Disclaimer: This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.