Ayurveda is derived from two terms, Ayur meaning life and Veda meaning science or knowledge. Ayurveda, the science of life has its roots in the Vedic period. Even before the modern medications could prove its scientific evidence, ayurvedic medicines have been curing minds and bodies. This thousands year old method still finds its resurgence throughout the world.
Ayurveda is based on the following two fundamental principles:
- The human mind and body are inseparable and holds an inextricable connection.
- The human mind has the supreme power to heal the body better than any other thing on the earth.
- The imbalanced human body is the cause of illness. The balance of the body can be regained by expanding inner awareness.
- Meditation, an ancient ayurvedic tool helps to restore the balance of the body. During meditation, a state of complete awareness and inner calmness is achieved which naturally balances the body.
- Ayurveda has derived many such practices which lead us to expanded self-awareness. In such innate state, the body reduces the production of “stress” hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol and the production of neurotransmitters including dopamine, endorphins, serotonin, and oxytocin is increased.
How Ayurveda is benefiting different age groups:
- Many suffer from the problem of an irregular menstrual cycle, menstrual or premenstrual pain, anaemia, acne and many such issues.
- Ayurvedic treatments not only control but also eradicate these problems. It suggests some lifestyle changes to ease menstrual discomfort.
- Ayurvedic medicines also help in curing the menopausal problem, obesity, and acne. The cure of anaemia lies in protein rich diet which may include apple, nuts, amla, spinach, and beetroot.
- Ayurveda helps in treating the physical and mental health challenges faced by men.
- The healing herbs, restful attitude, and self-awareness results in restoring the body balance increased stamina, endurance, and sturdiness.
- Kids are prone to catch diseases easily but we cannot feed them with allopathic medicines always.
- Ayurvedic medicines are very helpful for curing most of the childhood diseases such as a toothache, diarrhea, common cold and loss of appetite.
Having no known side effects, people of almost all age groups can benefit from Ayurvedic medicines and treatments.
Recommended Reading: Benefits of Surya Namaskar