People with desk jobs usually tend to forget taking breaks and end up having severe back pains and headaches. Not taking breaks while you’re working can not only make your back pain but also affects your mental health negatively.
Here is why taking small breaks during long sitting hours is important.
- Your Performance Degrades: While you’re working continuously without breaks all your energy is being utilized nowhere but on your chair. According to recent studies, employees who take small breaks in between their work have increased their performance rates by 33%.
Read: How to Improve your Brain with these simple methods.
- Posture Problems: When you don’t take small breaks between your work hours your back pains and in conclusion your body suffers from bad posture side effects. Sitting for too long can also damage your spinal structure which includes your disc, shoulders, neck, back and your inflexible spine. Also, different fluids in the body collect in the legs and can even cause pain in standing up after work.
Read: How to keep your neck Pain-proof.
- Productivity Hampering: When a person sits in front of the desktop for hours, rather than working they might also indulge their time into daydreaming or searching the web for stuff which is not of use to your work. It hampers your productivity and rather than whiling your time wandering about something worthless you could take a break and sit to work again after relaxing your mind.
- Cardiovascular Issues: When you sit at one place for long hours the risk of higher blood pressure increases and the cholesterol levels also elevate up which all lead to cardiovascular issues.
Read: Diet Trends that aren’t healthy for your Heart.
- Risk of Diabetes: Sitting for long hours at your workplace can make your body cells sleep. This indicates that your body stops responding to insulin produced in your pancreas and can easily lead to increase in chances of diabetes.
Read: Causes for Diabetes.
These were just some major drawbacks of why taking small breaks during long sitting hours is important. You can try avoiding sitting on your desktop continuously without small breaks in every half hour. This can help your physical and mental health and will cause less trouble in your life and will also help your performance get better.
For more articles like why taking small breaks during long sitting hours is important, do follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Disclaimer: This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.