Have you tried yoga for back pain yet? It is important to have flexibility, stability, posture and breathing which can all be found by doing Yoga. Your lower back is sensitive and you must be well aware of the cause of pain in this area or anywhere in your back before indulging yourself into doing exercises or yoga. Yoga may be able to help by strengthening the back, stretching it and improving circulation to your spine and your nerves.
Your back pain might not be due to some small issues but might be serious, so it is always better to visit your physician before trying new exercises. Never try to stretch into a position of pain because pain tells us that something is wrong with our body. You must do these stretching exercises only till it feels good.
Here are the most common and effective yoga for back pain you can try.
- Child Pose- It is a gentle resting pose that stretches the back, hips, thighs and legs while calming the mind and relieving stress and tension. Make sure to maintain a focus on your breathing. Take full breathes throughout the entire exercise. This can help with relief from discomfort and prevent strain. Go slowly and don’t push your body beyond its limits. Do this for 30 seconds.
- Mountain Pose- Stand tall with feet a few inches apart and toes spread on the mat. Hold arms alongside your body, palms facing forward, shoulders relaxed down. Relax and breathe slowly. Do this for 30 seconds.
- Eagle Pose- This posture requires balance and strength. It can help you stretch your entire back. After the mountain pose bend your knees slightly, now lift your right leg and reach your right thigh over your left. Point your foot towards the floor.You’ll get a powerful stretch by drawing your elbows up and hands away from your face.
- Spinal Twist- Lie down on your mat, keep your left leg straight and bend your right leg to keep your feet flat. Place your right hand on the floor behind you for support, like a tripod, and twist so you can hook your left elbow over the right thigh. Do the same on the other side of your body. Try doing 15 repetitions each side.
- Cat Camel- Get down on your hands with your knees on the floor. Relax your head, and allow it to droop. Round your back up toward the ceiling until you feel a nice stretch in your upper, middle and lower back. Hold this stretch for as long as it feels comfortable or about 15 to 30 seconds. Return to the starting position where you were on all fours. Let your back sway by pressing your stomach toward the floor. Lift your butt towards the ceiling. Hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds. DO 10 repetitions.
We hope that your Body must now be feeling a lot better. These Yoga for Back Pain help in reducing a lot of your tensions as well. Your mind relaxes in the process and hence, you feel better doing the exercise. You must indulge yourself into doing yoga every day.
For more updates, do Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
Disclaimer: This article is solely for informational purposes. Do not self-diagnose or self-medicate, and in all cases consult a certified healthcare professional before using any information presented in the article. The editorial board does not guarantee any results and does not bear any responsibility for any harm that may result from using the information provided in the article.