Belly fat is the biggest devil of all as it goes in the very end. Yoga alone cannot just do the task but if maintained with proper diet and healthy lifestyle you can say bye-bye to your stubborn belly fat. These are the best 5 yoga exercises with which you can start your journey.
- Lay down your body in a supine position on your back and toes facing the ceiling with your hands stretched backwards and take a deep breath.
- Now exhale and lift your legs and hands off the yoga mat and support your body weight on your buttocks such that you make a V-shape. This helps in contracting the abdominal muscles and intoning the abs.
- Lay down on the mat on your stomach, bend your knees backwards and lift your head and back backwards, and extend arms so that you can hold your ankles using your hand for about 15 to 30 seconds.
- Your entire body weight shall be supported on your stomach. This helps in toning abs and strengthening your back, thighs, arms and chest.
- Sit in Vajrasana, then bring your body in front keeping your hands shoulder-width apart and below the shoulders. Inhale and stretch your back so that it takes a concave shape and stay in that position for at least 30 seconds.
- Now exhale while arching your back upwards, and keeping your buttocks and arms stiff. Stay in this position for at least 30 seconds and then you can return back to starting position. This strengthens the core muscles, back and works on transversal abdominal muscles.
- The basic pose of Hatha Yoga which stimulates your solar plexus. Sit with your spine straight, extend your hands straight above your head and try to slowly touch your toe with your hands without bending your knees.
- This pose relieves stress from the back and reduces fat in the abdomen.
- In this yoga pose, you start on your all fours and straighten the legs such that you are in a straight line.
- Keep your head, spine and buttocks in a straight line. Stay in this position for 30 seconds and then take 10 seconds rest before you go for another round. This yoga pose helps in toning abs.
Recommended Reading: Yoga to Reduce Fat from Face