Do you what are the five best places to visit in Chakrata?
Uttarakhand has no bounds when it comes to exploring new places. The explorers like to get into the interiors of the forests and valleys to explore places that are secluded, isolated, peaceful and pristine at the same time. One of such secluded places is or used to be Chakrata with waterfalls, forests, trees and so on. Though it has now many hotels and campsites to provide you with a comfortable stay and proper meals,
Must Read: Best Tourist Places in India: Rani Ki Vav
otherwise, until a few years back it was a completely secluded place, where on the way you would sight only the local vehicles or a tourist taxi or two. As you go beyond Chakrata, the possibility to spot a vehicle gets even rare. Once you get to know about such a place, there is no looking back and you tend to plan your holiday right away.
Apart from valleys and lovely mountain trails, it has a lot more to offer to its visitors, here are the five best places to visit in Chakrata:
- Tiger Fall: You have to trek down between 5km to 3km (depends on where you begin your trek from) to reach down to the waterfall. It is hidden between the rocks, when you reach there you get a feeling as if you are near one of those magical waterfalls of heaven featured in cartoon films. The waterfall is not discovered by many hence is a quiet, clean place. Though the locals know about it and trekkers also like to trek down to it. There is now a tea stall that can provide you with hot steaming Maggie, tea and other snacks to help you relax after a trek. You can also take a dip in the fresh water.
Another magical aspect the fall is that the sunlight falls on it in such a manner that the rainbow effect shows when you see the fall in the daytime.
- Budher Caves: Situated approximately 13km from Chakrata, the trek to the caves takes you through some scenic valleys and forests. You can also get a glimpse of the Himalayan Mountains on your way to the caves. They are historic and not explored by many, but those who have visited the place say that it provides a mesmerizing, breathtaking exposure to natural beauty and history. The caves are believed to have been built by the Pandava brothers (Characters from the Hindu Epic Mahabharata). When you plan to visit Chakrata, you can include visiting the caves if you are not traveling with kids or elderly people, because the trek can be arduous.
- Yamuna Adventure Park: Water activities are a fun thing to do when done in a protected environment under the guidance of an expert. Yamuna Adventure Park can offer you activities like water rappelling, river crossing, swimming, etc. To enjoy these activities plan your vacation during the summer months.
- Deoban: It is the forest area as the name suggests, Deo or dev means God and ban means forest which makes it the ‘Forest of God’. It is a nice place to trek and sight some rare birds. You can also rest and relax inside the forest under the shade of the trees if you feel tired of the trek and enjoy the cool breeze. You can also get a glimpse of the mighty snow-capped Himalayas on a clear day from the highest peak known as Vyas Shikhar at Deoban.
(Tip: Don’t forget to carry your binoculars when you are going up there)
- Ram Tal Horticulture Garden: Situated on the Mussoorie-Chakrata road, it provides you with rich flora and fauna. If you are a nature lover, you can plan to visit this place. Apple trees, conifer trees, etc. are found there with birds like the woodpecker, doves, etc. are a common sight to spot.
For more details on the five best places to visit in Chakrata and related updates, like and subscribe to tentaran.com.