Highlights of Modi’s roadshow in Varanasi – A day before filing his nomination from Varanasi, PM Narendra Modi attended a massive roadshow in the city of Varanasi. After his roadshow, PM Modi participated in the Ganga Aarti held at Dashashwamedh Ghat. A “Mai Bhi Chowkidaar” symbol was shining bright at the Dashashwamedh Ghat.
Here are some highlights of Modi’s roadshow in Varanasi:
- In his speech, PM Narendra Modi threw light on the terror attacks in Sankat Mochan temple in Varanasi and Akshardham temple in Gujarat from 2005 to 2014. He said that the Government of that time did not take any action except holding talks with Pakistan after every attack.
- He further added that we have showed the terrorists that the New India does not only say or tolerate, but it knows how to respond as well.
- He said that he can never think of anything other than the national interest irrespective of the circumstances. His only mantra is “India First’ based on which he had lived his entire life.
- PM Modi said that his government has asked recommendations for Padma Awards from the common people across the country.
Also read: Narendra Modi’s Varanasi Roadshow
- Modi said that earlier it was impossible for a common man to reach the government. But today, a common man can reach out to their leaders.
- 5 years ago, when Modi stepped on the land of Kashi, he said that mother Ganga had called him and people of Kashi gave him so much love that this fakir got adapted in the austerity of the city.
- PM Modi said that Kashi has not only made him the MP but it has also given him the blessings to become the Prime Minister.
- In his speech, he added, the land of Kashi had inspired thinkers like Buddha, Goswami Tulsidas, Sant Ravidas, Kabirdas, Ramananda. Inspiration of truth, justice, non-violence, knowledge has given him the strength to stand with these values at the global level.
- He focused on safety of the country and Indian army. He further added that for him the country comes first. India comes first.
Also read: Interesting facts about Narendra Modi
- He also talked about science, spirituality, talent, tourism, and modernization without getting into westernization.
- He also motivated people to keep Ganga clean and said that many of the drains leading to Ganga have been closed.
- He said, there is cleanliness, toilets, cooking gas in every house, the poor now have a bank account, house, and accessible health service. Many of these things does not seem to be too big to think about, but if you think carefully these are the biggest tasks.
Today, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Kal Bhairav temple and after that he will be meeting the party members. After this, Prime Minister will file his nomination papers at the Kachheri.