Himachal Pradesh Famous Temples – Everyone knows about the beauty of Himachal but apart from its beauty, there are many temples in the lap of the Himalayas, where everyone must go once. This place is also called “Dev Bhoomi”. There are more than 2000 temples all over Himachal Pradesh. So let’s tell you about some of the most famous temples in Himachal Pradesh.
Sankat Mochan Temple – Himachal Pradesh Famous Temples
- Sankat Mochan temple is a very famous Hanuman temple located on Kalka-Shimla Highway in Himachal Pradesh. Thousands of devotees from India visit this temple to offer their prayers.
- The building of the temple is used for marriage ceremonies and other purposes as well.
- Along with this Sankat Mochan Temple, there is also an Ayurvedic clinic where many people are treated at a very low cost.
Tara Devi Temple
- Tara Devi is one of the oldest temples in Shimla, located on the Kalka-Shimla Highway near Shogi around 15 kilometers away from Shimla town.
- The temple is approx. 250 years old. Millions of devotees visit the temple every year.
- The best time to visit this temple is during Shardiya Navratas particularly on Ashtami.
Naina Devi Ji – Himachal Pradesh Famous Temples
- Naina Devi temple is one of the most popular and prominent temples in Himachal Pradesh.
- Naina Devi is said to be an incarnation of the almighty Goddess Durga. It is said that in order to pacify Lord Shiva, Lord Vishnu cut Maa Durga (Sati) into 50 pieces and one of her eyes fell here.
- The temple is among the 51 siddha peethas of Durga and is a major religious site for both Hindus and Sikhs.
Popular temples in himachal pradesh
- Hidimba temple is one of the most famous temples to visit in Manali. The temple is dedicated to Hidimba Devi, the wife of Bheema and the revered mother of Ghatotkach.
- Not only the temple but its architectural beauty makes this place a must-visit place. The temple is a very famous tourist attraction for national and international tourists.
- The temple can be visited all year through, but avoid going there during the monsoon season i.e. July-August.
Chintpurni, Himachal Pradesh Famous Temples
- Chintpurni is a very famous hindu pilgrimage located in Una district of Himachal Pradesh
- It is the temple of Chinnamastika Devi or Chinnamasta Devi. It is one of the 7 major and 51 total Shakti Peethas.
- It is believed that mata Chintapurni takes away all the sorrows of her devotees.
Must read: The Legend behind the Chintpurni Temple
Jwala Ji, Himachal Pradesh
- Jwala Ji is a popular Hindu temple dedicated to Jwala Devi.
- The temple is located in the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh and is one of the 51 Shaktipitha.
- There is no idol placed inside the temple but a flame. Jwala Devi temple has a series of the dome, covered with gold. Know The Legend behind Jwala Ji temple