HT Leadership Summit is one of a kind summit which offers a platform to visionary men and women to meet each other under the same room and share ideas. Heads of state, Business tycoons, Nobel laureates and your favourite artists become a part of the summit. Even the audience of the summit is special as only the best minds in various fields are invited. 15th edition of HTLS is happening at Hyatt Regency in Delhi.
- The theme for the 15th edition of HTLS is “The Irreversible Rise of India”. The summit will be looking at the continued rise of India and the key speakers will identify whatever it has taken for us to reach here, and whatever it will take to move further ahead. A 2-day summit, it was commenced today on 30th November 2017 and will be wrapping up tomorrow evening.
- While PM Modi inaugurated the summit, Barack Obama will take the spotlight on the Day 2 of the summit. Mr. Modi said that he is ready to pay political price for fighting corruption, irreversible changes to benefit poor.
- On Day 1, after the inaugural speech by PM Modi, Dr Abdullah Abdullah, Honorary Chief Executive, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan gave a special address. Going ahead, Amar Sinha, former secretary (ER), Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, will engage Dr Abdullah Abdullah on a variety of geopolitical issues concerning the region of which both India and Afghanistan are an integral part.
- The next interesting session will be a conversation between Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and Jahangir Aziz, chief economist, emerging market at JP Morgan.
- In the next session, we will see Alex Hardiman, director, News Products, Facebook having a great conversation with Shereen Bhan, CNBC-TV18 managing editor.
- The other speakers on Day 1 will be chef, filmmaker and author Vikas Khanna and chef and restaurateur Gaggan Anand, who will engage in a conversation with chef and restaurateur Ritu Dalmia.
- In the post-lunch session on ‘How to beat cancer’ Dr Ash K Tewari, system chairman and professor, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and Dr Madhav Dhodapkar, Arthus and Isabel Bunker professor, Cancer Immunology Program, Yale University will engage in a conversation with Dr Soumya Swaminathan, deputy director, World Health Organisation.
- That will be followed by a panel on successful entrepreneurship with Paytm founder and CEO Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Mad Street Den founder Ashwini Asokan and Paperboat-Hector Beverages co-founder, Neeraj Kakkar.
- Besides PM Narendra Modi, the other star attraction on Thursday’s concluding session will be Bollywood actor and philanthropist, Salman Khan.
- The star attraction on Day 2 will be the inaugural session featuring former President of the USA, Barack Obama, which will be followed by a special session where Mukesh Ambani, chairman and managing director, Reliance Industries Limited, will speak with Hindustan Times editor-in-chief R Sukumar.
The consecutive sessions will feature Union Minister of Law and Justice Ravi Shankar Prasad, Chhattisgarh chief minister Raman Singh, Uttar Pradesh chief.