Read history and timeline of Indian post and how historic has the reformation in postal services been. Also given here are Happy National Post Day quotes, National Post Day wishes, National Post Day status messages to wish on this very special National Post Day 2021.
National Postal Day is celebrated in India every year on October 10th. The day commemorates and celebrates the hard work done by the Indian postal service. Indian postal services have an important role to play in a society like ours, considering how heavy-duty commodities are transferred from one part of the country to another, postal services have performed exceptionally well. India is a land that consists of different cultures, postal services continue to perform well in different spheres of the country.
history and timeline of Indian post
The Indian postal services are headquartered in New Delhi. Shriram Bhikaji Velankar introduced a 6-digit PIN code for the country. The 6-digit PIN or Postal Index Number was a unique identification mark given to different locations.
Indian postal services provide services from across the fields, delivering mails, retail services, bills and commodities. COVID pandemic has hit the postal services in India but postal workers were lauded for providing help with medicines and assistance to different parts of the country. Various postal schemes are also offered by the department of Indian Posts and people from all over the country invest their savings. Since these schemes are highly secure, they add a higher return with a lower tendency of risk and a lot of them are covered under special tax saving sections.
History and timeline of Indian post
Here’s the timeline of historic Indian postal services:
- Indian postal services were founded in 1854 and the slogan was ‘Dak Seva, Jan Seva’. Indian post has the highest employment and is one of the largest employers in India.
- Postcards were introduced in the year 1879.
- The postal order came in the year 1930.
- The department of posts was started in 1947 and there were more than 23,000 post offices in the country. The demand for post offices increased due to the increase in population. Many new reformations were made by the Government of India, one of which was the speed post and it now acts as one of the most important modes of ensuring safe and quick delivery of documents.
- In order to make fast delivery a major reform, the PIN or Postal Index Number was introduced in 1972.
- In 1977, the Department of Posts introduced a system of Value Payable Posts and parcels.
- India Post was later divided into the Department of Posts and Department of Telecommunications in 1985. This was brought in by a rapid demand citing concerns of better delivery systems.
- The speed post delivery system which was a major reform was brought in by 1986 since the postal services were a backbone of the society and the increasing rate of population posed a challenge for the services. Speed posts were indeed a positive reform.
- By 1994, an order was passed where people were allowed to send their money via the money order.
- In 2008, Project Arrow was introduced which aimed at creating a friendly environment for all staff members and the customers. It also focused on providing improved IT services.
- New services have been introduced that focus on new and improved technologies like cash on delivery, business parcel, e-greeting, online money transfer.
- India Post Payments Bank which was established under the Department of Posts and Department of Communications was launched in 2018, by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
History and timeline of Indian post
The Indian postal services have created a friendly environment for all the customers and have widened communication across the country. Although sending letters has now become limited majorly to the official intimations/communications, India post still plays an important communication mode in India, especially in rural areas.
Here are some of the best National Post Day quotes wishes status messages that you can share to wish our hardworking Indian postal people a very Happy National Post Day 2021.
Sending warm wishes on National Post Day to all the postal workers. Thank you for working so hard to make mails reaching us.
On the occasion of National Post Day, I would like want to thank all the postal workers for working with so much dedication and commitment.
Happy National Post Day to all the postal workers who have been working even on the hottest and coldest days to ensure that the mails reach are delivered on time.
Staying under the sun and also getting out there even when there is no sun delivering letters is not easy. We thank you for all your hard work and dedication. Happy National Post Day.
Happy National Post Day 2021 Status Wishes Quotes Messages
Warm wishes on National Post Day to all the postal department workers who bring happiness and smiles into our lives by delivering messages from our loved ones.
Here’s thanking and wishing to all the postal workers out there, a very Happy National Post Day.
Paying tribute and respect to all the postal workers who tirelessly work day and night to connect people across the globe everyday…wish you a Happy National Post Day.
On #NationalPostDay we celebrate the Indian Postal Department for serving the country for such a long time. We thank you for putting in timeless and tireless efforts to ensure that we stay connected with our loved ones.
Emails can never match the feeling and excitement of a handwritten letter. Thank you @IndiaPostOffice for all the hard work and efforts all of you put in. #NationalPostDay
National Post Day wishes
National Post Day Messages Images Photo
National Post Day status
Best National Post Day Quotes