Not all children of Bollywood celebrities get their share of success in the cinema. While some get on to become superstar themselves, some end up being forgotten pretty soon. Let’s take a look at some of the Hit father-daughter duos of Bollywood.
Hit father-daughter duos of Bollywood
Shakti Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor
- In the 90s, Shakti Kapoor was one of the most successful actors in Bollywood who became very famous for his comic and villainous roles.
- Now, his daughter, Shraddha Kapoor is doing some challenging roles and proving herself in the industry.
Do read: Hit TV stars who failed in Bollywood
Anil Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor
- Anil Kapoor never fails to amaze us. Recently, he posted a picture of himself wearing a chic suit with a brand-new hairstyle where he was looking very young.
- His daughter, Sonam Kapoor Ahuja has had many hits to her credit. She has also received many awards including a Filmfare and a National Film Award. Sonam Kapoor is married to Anand Ahuja.
Randhir Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor
- Randhir Kapoor was one of the top heroes of his time. Some of his popular films are Kasme Vaade, Chacha Bhatija, Khazana, Hamrahi, Lafange, and Ponga Pandit.
- Randhir’s daughters, Kareena Kapoor and Karisma Kapoor have been very successful in Bollywood.
- Karisma Kapoor has given many hit films in Bollywood. Karishma left acting in movies after the birth of her children. On the other hand, Kareena Kapoor Khan, even after having a son, is doing many movies even today. She is also one of the highest paid actresses of Bollywood.
Must read: Bollywood hit mother and flop daughter Jodi
More Hit father-daughter duos of Bollywood
Shatrughan Sinha and Sonakshi Sinha
- Some of Shatrughan Sinha’s hit films as a lead hero are Ab Kya Hoga, Khan Dost, Yaaraon Ka Yaar, Dillagi, Vishwanath, Muqabla, Jaani Dushman. His biography named, ‘Anything but Khamosh’ was released in 2016. He was counted among the top Bollywood actors of his time.
- His daughter, Sonakshi Sinha made her acting debut from the film Dabangg (2010), which got her the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. She has since been part of many successful movies.
Kamal Haasan and Shruti Haasan
- Kamal Haasan has won awards including four National Film Awards, the second-most by any Indian actor, and nineteen Filmfare Awards.
- His daughter, Shruti Haasan, has worked in many Tamil, Telugu and Hindi language films. She is one of the leading actresses of South Indian cinema.
Saif Ali Khan and Sara Ali Khan
- Saif Ali Khan has worked in many films like Parampara, Yeh Dillagi, Main Khiladi Tu Anari, Hum Saath-Saath Hain, Dil Chahta Hai, and Kal Ho Naa Ho.
- His daughter, Sara Ali Khan made her debut from Kedarnath where she was appreciated for her acting skills. Her second film was Simmba opposite Ranvir Singh. Both the films were commercially successful and she won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for Kedarnath.