Make Online PAN Card: How to apply pan card online
In this article, we will tell you how to apply PAN card online. Let’s understand why do we need Pan Card and how to apply pan card online.
What is a PAN card?
Permanent Account Number or PAN Card is a nationalized identity card that is used for any financial transaction. The Indian Income Tax Department assigns the 10-digit alphanumeric account number to the tax-paying person or company.
Benefits and Uses of a PAN Card
- Pan card is required for submitting Income Tax returns.
- It serves as an Identity proof.
- It is required at the time of opening a Bank account.
- For doing any online or cash transactions more than Rs.50,000.
- For selling or purchasing a property.
- Opening a demat account.
- Starting a business
- Applying for DIN
Must read: Indian politician’s education qualification
How to apply pan card online – Keep these documents ready
- Proof of Identity – Any one of Voter ID card, Ration card with photo, Passport, Driving Licence, Arm’s Licence, Aadhaar Card, Photo id card issued by Central Govt or PSU, Pension Card
- Proof of Address – Any one of Electricity bill, Landline phone bill, Water bill, Gas bill, Bank account statement, credit card statement (not more than 3 months old) OR post office pass book, passport, voter id card, driving licence, Aadhaar card, etc.
- Proof of date of birth – Any one of Birth certificate issued by Government, Pension payment order, Marriage certificate, 10th class certificate, passport, driving licence, affidavit, etc.
How to apply for pan card online
- Go to https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html (copy paste url in browser)
- Click on ‘Apply Online’
- From Application Type – Select New PAN – Indian Citizen (Form 49A)
- Select Category – Select ‘Individual’ if you are not applying for a company Pancard
- Title – Shri if you are male, Smt if you are a married woman and Kumari if you are an unmarried girl.
- Last name- Write your Surname.
- First name- Write your name.
- Middle name- Write if you have any middle name. (e.g. if your name is Ram Prasad Kanojiya then Ram is your first name, Prasad is middle name and Kanojiya is your last name)
- Fill your date of birth.
- Mention your valid email id.
- Fill in your mobile number.
- Fill in Capcha Code (whatever is written in the box – exactly as it is written)
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
You will see a screen and message. Click on ‘Continue with Pan Application Form’.
- Submit digitally through e-KYC & e-sign will come automatically selected. Don’t change this if you have other documents ready for upload. If not, then select ‘Forward application documents physically’.
- Fill in last four digits of your Aadhaar Number
- Select ‘I agree’ to allow your photo to be used from Aadhaar
- Fill in your Father’s Name
- Fill in your Mother’s Name
- Click on ‘Next’ Button
- Fill in your source of income
- Enter your Residence Address
- Fill in your Office Address
- Enter your phone number and email id
- Click on ‘Next’ Button
- You would need to enter Area code and AO Code.
- In the box below, click on Indian Citizen (if you are one), Select State and City
- Select the AO shown in the box.
- Click on ‘Next’ Button.
- Select your ID proof, Proof of Address, proof of date of birth that you are uploading from the list shown.
- In Declaration, Select Himself/Herself, Enter Place (your city)
- Click ‘Submit’
- If you have not uploaded documents, print the filled in form, attach all the documentary proof and send it through speed post at the given address. DO NOT fold the documents.
Also read: Rich Indian Women with a Heart of Gold
How to apply for pan card online – Things to remember while filling the PAN card form
- The form must be filled only in capital letters.
- Mobile number and email id are a must.
- Make sure the form is filled with current and correct details.
- Names must not have salutations such as Mr. / Mrs. / Ms. / Dr.
- Make sure to fill the complete and correct address for the PAN, so that it can be dispatched to the right address.
- Attach the updated documents only.
For more articles like, how to apply pan card online, do follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.