Here is everything you need to know about the ICC latest 2018 T20 rankings from Indian camp.
Leg-spinner Kuldeep Yadav and opener Shikhar Dhawan were the biggest movers in ICC’s latest edition of its T20 rankings from the Indian camp. On the back of his player of the series performance which saw him score 76 and 41 in the T20 series against Australia, Dhawan moved up five places to reach 11th in the rankings for batsmen.
Coming back to ICC latest 2018 T20 rankings from Indian camp, meanwhile, in the bowlers’ rankings, Kuldeep Yadav’s four wickets saw him enter the top 5, to sit at number 3. With 714 rating points, Kuldeep is behind fellow Asian spinners, Shadab Khan of Pakistan and Afghan talisman Rashid Khan who occupy the second and first spot in the ranking system.
ICC latest 2018 T20 rankings from Indian camp
The bowlers’ rankings also saw Adam Zampa from Australia entire the top 5, leaping 17 places to become the fifth-ranked T20 bowler. The strong showing of wrist spinners and slower bowlers in the T20 format sees 13 out of the top 20 spots go to these bowlers.
While Yadav was a big gainer in the recent ranking charts, fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah and Yuzvendra Chahal both slipped down the table. Bumrah who was taken apart for 15 runs in the last over of the third T20 didn’t enjoy the best of economies to slip out of the top 20. Chahal who was entirely dropped from the T20 series slipped down 7 places to move to 11. The shake in the rankings charts sees only Yadav make the top 10 from India.
In the batting department, while Dhawan moves up, fellow opener Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul both slumped two spots to go down to the ninth and sixth position respectively. As of now, three Indian batsmen make the top 10, the highest from any country to blow loud India’s might with the bat.
The latest rankings which were updated after the one-off T20I between Australia and South Africa and the T20I series between Australia and India see India continue to hold the number 2 spot in the international rankings for T20s while Australia is still on 4th. India and Australia both dropped off a point after their recent 1-1 drawn series while South Africa have earned three rating points for their series win against Australia.
There is no change at the top of the individual rankings with Babar Azam of Pakistan continuing to be the top-ranked batsman, while Afghanistan’s Rashid Khan is the top-ranked bowler and Glenn Maxwell of Australia is the leading all-rounder.
ICC Top 10 Team Rankings
- Pakistan -138 points
- India – 126 points
- England – 118 points
- Australia – 117 points
- South Africa – 114 points
- New Zealand – 112 points
- West Indies – 102 points
- Afghanistan – 92 points
- Sri Lanka – 87 points
- Bangladesh – 77 points
ICC Top 10 Batsmen Rankings
- Babar Azam (Pakistan) – 858 points
- Colin Munro (New Zealand) – 815 points
- Aaron Finch (Australia) – 806 points
- Fakhar Zaman (Pakistan) – 749 points
- Glenn Maxwell (Australia) – 745 points
- KL Rahul (India) – 719 points
- Martin Guptill (New Zealand) – 703 points
- Alex Hales (England) – 697 points
- Rohit Sharma (India) – 689 points
- Jason Roy (England) – 688 points
ICC Top 10 Bowlers Rankings
- Rashid Khan (Afghanistan) – 793 points
- Shadab Khan (Pakistan) – 752 points
- Kuldeep Yadav (India) – 714 points
- Adil Rashid (England) – 676 points
- Adam Zampa (Australia) – 670 points
- Ish Sodhi (New Zealand) – 668 points
- Faheem Ashraf (Pakistan) – 652 points
- Imad Wasim (Pakistan) – 651 points
- Imran Tahir (South Africa) – 640 points
- Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh) – 633 points
For more details on ICC latest 2018 T20 rankings from Indian camp and related updates, like and subscribe to tentaran.com.