Do you know about Ikea’s journey into India? Here is all the information you need to know.
The world-famous home furnishing brand Ikea ventured into India in August 2018 with its first store in Hyderabad. A Swedish company Ikea has unique home utility and other storage items built keeping in mind people of all kinds and their versatile needs. Ikea offers everything one may need to set up and run the house; meeting almost all the needs from an infant to eighty years old.
Let’s find out about Ikea’s journey into India and what are its future plans.
- Before opening their store in India, Ikea surveyed approx. 1000 different Indian houses to understand the taste, needs, and lifestyle of the Indian families living in different parts of the country. Like in India, people like to mop and clean the floor on daily basis, they would prefer anything with little longer legs to be able to clear under it.
- Ikea opened its first Indian outlet in Hyderabad spread over an area of 4,00,000 sq.ft. This is also one of Ikea’s largest stores in the world. It is a well-known fact now that the opening day of Ikea Hyderabad store faced a stampede-like situation with around 40,000 people trying to get the first glimpse. The brand name that it has earned made people go crazy to visit the store and experience it in real time.
- The Hyderabad store includes a giant parking lot and a restaurant that can accommodate approx 1000 people. The menu has also been altered as per the Indian taste and cuisine, like their meatballs that included pork have been replaced with veges and chicken.
- They aim to employ 50% of women staff in all the stores.
- Ikea aim to open nearly 25 stores across India by the year 2025. After Hyderabad, their next store will be opened in Mumbai and then in Bengaluru. In Delhi NCR itself, they plan to open around 5-6 stores. In fact, sources say that the first store in NCR will come up in Gurugram or Gurgaon, sector 47, where they have already invested in 10 acres of land and the store there shall be equally grand and huge like the one in Hyderabad.
- The Gurugram store is also planned to have a parking lot for 1000 cars, children’s play area, and a restaurant.
- They plan to further expand to cities like Surat, Pune, Kolkata, Chennai etc.
With such huge expectations, that Ikea has set among Indian customers and audiences, everyone is eagerly looking forward to the opening of their outlet in their city. For more updates on Ikea’s journey into India, like and subscribe to tentaran.com.