Read Latest India business news headlines 20th February 2019:
- The govt has raised investment limit for angel tax exemption to Rs.25 Crores for startups and also extended the period of availing benefits to 10 years. Till now the limit was Rs.10 crores and startups could avail the benefits till seven years.
- The government has cleared a new electronics policy to boost domestic production to $400 billion by 2025.
- Sachin Bansal has invested Rs.650 Crores in Ola.
- Twitter will enforce a new political ads policy in India from March 11. Under the policy, only certified advertisers will be allowed to run political ad campaigns.
- Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas is setting up India’s first legal technology incubation centre, named Prarambh. The centre will work with young entrepreneurs to forge new tech-based solutions for the legal industry.
- Jaypee Infra’s promoters have made a second attempt to settle dues with lenders by submitting a new proposal. NBCC and Suraksha group have submitted bids for taking over Jaypee Infratech under the insolvency process.
- TCS has partnered with Nanoheal to provide self-healing device management solutions. Nanoheal will provide smart hands-off tools to automate workspace management operations thereby reducing resolution time.
More India business news headlines 20th February 2019:
- Elliot Alderson, a French researcher, who had exposed Aadhaar leaks in the past, has found that Aadhaar data of around 6.7 million dealers and distributors have been leaked by Indane. Indane and UIDAI have not commented on this data leak yet.
- GST Council is expected to reduce GST on under-construction houses to 5% from the existing 12% and on affordable houses to 3% from 8% currently.
- The Union Cabinet has increased DA allowance by 3% effective 1st Jan.2019. The move will benefit around 48.41 Lakh central govt employees as also 62.03 lakh pensioners.
- Junaid Ahmed, India chief of World Bank has said that Beti Kamao also needs to be added to PM Narendra Modi’s Beti Bachao Beti Padhao program as women are dropping out of the workforce.
- Mitsubishi and Singapore’s GIC are reported to be in the final stages of discussions with GMR Airports to pick up around 25-30% stake for approx. Rs.7000-8000 Crores. The amount would help GMR reduce its overall debt of Rs.19850 Crores.
- BSNL employees are planning to intensify their 3-day strike demanding various benefits. Internet services to banks might also get impacted.
- 63 Moons Technologies has reportedly filed a criminal complaint with CBI and shall also file Rs.10,000 Crore damage suits against former FM P Chidambaram and two bureaucrats for causing irreversible damage to the entire exchange eco-system.
- BIGO Technology of Singapore plans to invest over USD 100 Million in India over the next three years. BIGO is one of the world’s biggest companies in the field of app
Recommended reading: Steps taken by the Indian govt following Pulwama attack