India Lok Sabha Election 2019 date schedule
India General Elections 2019 are around the corner and the entire nation is excited about the India Lok Sabha Election 2019 date schedule. The Indian political parties are all geared up and doing all that they can to mark their win in the upcoming elections.
Here is all about the India Lok Sabha Election 2019 date schedule announced on March 10, 2019:
- Sunil Arora, Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) announced the schedule in Vidyan Bhavan during a press conference. Unlike 2014 elections spread in nine phases, the 2019 elections will be spread in seven phases starting April 11, 2019, and ending on May 19, 2019. He added the 17th Lok Sabha elections will involve approximately 90 crore voters.
Must Read: लोकसभा चुनाव 2019 – कांग्रेस ने जारी की अपने उम्मीदवारों की लिस्ट
- The results of the polls will be out on 23rd May 2019. However, on June 3rd 2019, ends the term of the current Lok Shabha.
- The assembly elections in states like UP, Bihar and West Bengal will be spread over seven phases, making it the longest voting schedule during the elections.
- Followed by elections in five phases in J&K; in four phases in Odisha, MP, Jharkhand, and Maharashtra; elections in three phases in Chhattisgarh and Assam, and in two phases in states like Manipur, Karnataka, Tripura and Rajasthan. In the rest of the states, the polling will take place on a single day.
- This is for the first time ever in the country that there will be a 100 per cent deployment of voter-verified paper audit trail units (VVPAT).
- It will produce a printout of the vote cast by the voter using an Electronic Voting Machine (EVM). It will verify that the vote has been cast and will leave no room for doubt regarding the vote.
- The Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) also announced that they will be keeping a check on the Social Media sites like Twitter, Google and Facebook to avoid any manipulation in the Lok Sabha elections 2019.
Must Read: लोक सभा चुनाव 2019 की जंग, जानें इलेक्शन डेट्स से जुड़ी सारी बातें
- The social media companies have ensured that only the political advertisement approved by the Election Commission (EC) will be carried on Social media platforms. He also added: “They have also promised to act against any content violative of MCC flagged by the EC,”.
- Also the Vidhan Sabha Elections have that taken place in 5 states will impact the upcoming Lok Sabha Elections 2019.
For more articles like ‘India Lok Sabha Election 2019 date schedule’, do follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.