Here is a roundup of India monthly roundup of M&As and tie-ups in May. India monthly roundup of M&As and tie-ups in May
- Asia Healthcare Holdings has agreed to buy Nova IVI Fertility. The deal amount has not been disclosed. Nova Fertility is India’s second-largest network of IVF centres with 20 centres across 15 cities.
- Flipkart is reportedly in talks with ‘Fresh’ for its acquisition.
- Oyo is set to acquire @LeisureGroup, an Amsterdam based vacation rental firm for $415 million.
- L&T has formalized its stake purchase in Mindtree from V.G. Siddhartha and two CCD affiliate firms for Rs.3, 218.32 crores. It is now looking to buy around more 6% from the open market within a week.
- Patanjali has acquired Ruchi Soya Industries for Rs.4325 Crores in an insolvency auction started by lenders to recover loans of over ₹9,300 crore.
- MakeMyTrip has acquired a majority stake in corporate travel management firm Quest2Travel.com for an undisclosed amount. Quest2Travel.com reportedly serves some of India’s well-known and large corporates, including Aditya Birla Group, Tata Motors, HDFC Ergo, Times Group, etc.
- Mahindra Partners has acquired a stake in eye care chain, Centre for Sight, for Rs.206.5 crore from Matrix Partners.
- Facebook India has partnered with creative agencies to launch an initiative called ‘Thumbstoppers’ to boost 10-sec short-form mobile video advertisements.
- Ola has launched a credit card in partnership with Visa and SBI.
- Taco Bell is set to scale up its presence in India and has tied up with Burman Hospitality as its India master franchise partner. It plans to open 600 restaurants over a period of 10 years. India’s quick service restaurants market was estimated at ₹32,880 crore in 2018.
More in India monthly roundup of M&As and tie-ups in May
- Goldman Sachs Group has agreed to buy United Capital Financial Partners for $750 million. United Capital is said to have 22,000 clients and $25 billion of assets under management in its portfolio.
- HIPL, a JV between DP World and National Investment and Infrastructure Fund, has acquired 76 percent stake in KRIBHCO Infrastructure for an undisclosed amount. KRIBHCO operates 3 major private freight terminals in Haryana, UP and Gujarat.
- Snapdeal has reportedly started due diligence process to acquire ShopClues. Snapdeal is also looking to raise fresh funding at a valuation of around $2 billion.
- Myntra is reportedly in an advanced stage of discussions with Under Armour, top US sportswear brand, to manage its offline India stores.
- Inox Cinemas has tied up with International Cricket Council to show select world cup matches live across its major properties.
- Eight Capital Management and Emso Asset Management are acquiring Ambit Capital’s 47.5% stake in Ambit Flowers Asset Reconstruction.
- Naukri. Com has entered into an agreement to acquire 100% ownership of iimjobs. Com for a cash consideration of Rs.80.82 Crores.
- Medanta has agreed to sell its business to Manipal Hospitals for Rs.5800 Crores.