India Vs England Women Third ODI preview Highlights:
- The two sides will meet for the last ODI on 28th February, Thursday
- The match will be played at the Wankhede Stadium at 9:00am with the toss set to go underway at 8:30am
- India have already won the 3-match series with two wins on the bounce which has also seen them gain an important 2 points in the ICC Women’s Series
The Wankhede Stadium will for the last time this month play host to the Indian women cricket team with the side slated to bring down the curtains on their ODI series against England on 28th February, Thursday. Having outplayed their counterparts throughout the series, the Indian side will be looking to put in yet another comprehensive performance and consolidate their positioning in international cricket. Despite this being an inconsequential encounter, in the long run, expect the side to be at their 100% come the match on Thursday.
- For England, the problems are ever mounting. Pace or spin, it has been tough to fathom what has troubled the English side more with spin wreaking havoc among them in the first match and pace cleaning up 8 of their 10 wickets in the ensuing encounter.
- Despite being world champions, England are a side on the decline with their middle-order leaving a big gaping hole in the team. This exposes a weakness that they should have gone about addressing quite some time back.
- It’s been an outing that England will want to forget soon, having been pummelled on a persistent basis throughout the series. They were not able to even cross the 200 run barrier with their batters throwing their wickets away far too easily.
- On the other hand, India will go into the match relaxed and confident of scripting another win to complete a series sweep.
- The takeaways from the series have been plenty for them with positives far outdoing the few blimps in the side.
Must Read: India Vs Australia First T20: Key Moments
- While the spinners have been controlled and tight as usual, what has been refreshing to see is how the pacers have bowled on pitches that have not had much on offer for the faster bowlers.
- Pandey has bowled extremely well, picking up wickets early on for the home side, allowing the spinners to come in and crumble England. With same conditions on the play on Thursday, we expect India to go in with the same combination.
More in India Vs England Women Third ODI preview
How the ICC Women’s Series table looks like following India’s series win
- Australia, played 10, points 20
- India, P 14, Pts 16
- New Zealand, P 14, Pts 14
- South Africa, P 12, Pts 13
- Pakistan, P 12, Pts 12
- West Indies, P 12, Pts 11
- England, P 11, Pts 10
- Sri Lanka, P 12, Pts 2
India women’s squad
Mithali Raj (Captain), Jhulan Goswami, Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Harmanpreet Kaur, Deepti Sharma, Taniya Bhatia (WK), R Kalpana (WK), Mona Meshram, Ekta Bisht, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Poonam Yadav, Shikha Pandey, Mansi Joshi, Punam Raut.