India vs England Women third T20 highlights:
- India lost the third and final match of the series by 1 run to gift England a 3-0 series win
- Chasing 119, India could score just 2 runs of the final over to be restricted to 118
- With it, India has lost their second T20 series on the bounce by 3-0. They are yet to win a match in seven T20 encounters
India vs England Women third T20 highlights
Stunned, the Indian women cricket team were left dumbfounded as the last ball of the third and final T20 encounter between England was bowled out. Having dominated the chase from ball one, India’s precarious showing in the final over of the innings saw them stumble to gift England a 1 run win and with it a 3-0 sweep of the T20 series.
- Chasing a marginally small target of 120, Mandhana’s 58 along with cameos from the middle-order had ensured that India was well in control of winning a T20 match at long last.
- Needing just 3 runs off the final over, India were left beleaguered as Cross bowled the perfect final over. She gave just 2 runs and picked up 2 consecutive wickets to leave the Indian unit perplexed.
- The defeat sees the side winless in their last 7 matches, leaving them picking up the pieces after yet another underwhelming display.
- After choosing to bat first when the coin turned their way, England’s decision looked to be the right one as their openers once again got them off to a riveting start.
- Going in with the combination of 4 spinners and the solitary pacer, India were pummelled in the powerplay overs.
- Beaumont and Wyatt took on the Indian bowling unit, sending the ball to the boundary at will to see the side reach 43-0 after the first 6 overs.
- From there on India with the spinners bowling wicket to wicket, sent England’s batters back to the pavilion in a flurry.
- Wyatt was the first to depart, holing out with a flat shot soon after the partnership had reached the 50 run mark.
- Sciver departed for 0 and Beaumont was cleaned up by Poonam Yadav who picked up her second wicket to see England lose 3 wickets in 3 runs.
- Making the most of the momentum, India’s wrist-spinners continued to pile the pressure on England, not allowing them to break free.
- The bowling was impeccable, seeing England unable to get under the delivery.
- England found themselves at 93-6 with the last 3 overs to play.
- The seventh-wicket stand helped England reach 119 but it was a target that India knew they should easily achieve.
India vs England Women third T20 highlights – India went to Bat
- Going into the break the happier of the two sides, India came out with Mandhana and Deol opening the chase for the hosts.
- Mandhana’s charge ensured that India always stayed on top of the chase. Reaching her first 50 of the series, Mandhana’s surge saw India sit at a pretty 87-2.
- It was from there that things started falling apart from India.
- A soft dismissal saw Mandhana try to chop at a straighter delivery, ending up sending the ball back onto her wickets.
- Sharma departed a few deliveries later, run-out for the second match in a row.
- England slowly but steadily starting finding their footing in the match.
- Still needing 6 runs per over, the 18th and 19th overs ensured India were in a comfortable position come Cross’ final over.
- Needing a meagre 3 runs to win, the players lashed wildly at the first 3 balls before being dismissed on the 4th.
- A stumping off the next ball saw Pandey come out needing to score 3 off the last ball but could get only one run.
And with this, India lost the match and the series.