Ram Charan Teja aka Ram Charan is one of the most popular and versatile Indian film actors, film producer, and entrepreneur. He mainly works in the Telugu cinema aka Tollywood. He is famous for his intense action roles and dance moves. He made a blockbuster debut with Chirutha in 2007 that won him a Film fare award. Let’s sneak peek into Ram Charan Teja life and achievements:
- He was born on 27 March 1985 in Hyderabad, India to actor Chiranjeevi (Father) and Surekha (mother).
- He completed his schooling from Chennai and Ooty and went onto study B.com but never completed it.
- He got married to Upasana Kamineni, vice-chairman of Apollo Charity and chief editor of B Positive magazine in 2012.
- His own production house Konidela Production Company produced his father’s 150th film.
- Charan is also a fan of polo and owns a polo team Ram Charan Hyderabad Polo Riding Club and promotes Turbo Megha Airways Pvt Ltd.
Ram Charan Teja life and achievements
He was featured for the first time in 2013 in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list and then for the second time in 2016.
He also has many awards in his kitty:
- Won two Filmfare Awards in Best Male Debut – South category for Chirutha (2007) and in Best Actor – Telugu category for Magadheera (2009). His film Magadheera is also one of the biggest commercial successes of Tollywood of all time.
- won two Nandi Awards in the Special Jury Award category for Chirutha(2007) and Magadheera (2009).
- won the CineMAA Awards in Best Actor –Male category for Magadheera (2009).
- won two Santosham Film Awards in Best Actor category for Magadheera (2009) and Govindudu Andarivadele (2015).
- His film Dhruva won him TSR TV9 Awards for Special Jury Best Actor Award category in 2016.
- won the Zee Cinema Awards in Best Actor in Leading Role – Male category for Rangasthalam in 2019.
His film Magadheera won him many awards. It was such a major hit that it ran for more than 700 days at a stretch at a theatre in Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh.
Several of his performances have been appreciated and earned some powerful, praiseworthy remarks:
His debut film Chirutha was appreciated by Rediff.com stating: “Ram Charan is quite promising. Dance and action appear to be forte. He is rather graceful in the dance numbers. He also stays clear of any oblique reference to his star father by way of dialogue or adopting any particular mannerism or style”
Times of India critically appreciated his performance in Dhruva stating: “Ram Charan looks his fittest best. As an actor, Ram Charan impresses in all the scenes that required high emotion. And as for the scenes where he had to be elevated as the hero, they will not disappoint his fans.”