Indian celebrities who died in 2019 – The year 2019 is over and the year gave us many blockbuster films, new actors, and some very good singers. But, this year we also lost many known and popular faces from the entertainment industry, be it TV or Bollywood. While some had a fulfilling life, some left us at a very young age. Let’s find out about the Indian celebrities who died in 2019.
Indian celebrities who died in 2019
- Kushaal Punjabi was a television and film actor, who won the TV reality game show Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout.
- He was part of many wellknown TV series and films like Lakshya, Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal, Ssshhhh…Phir Koi Hai.
- He was found dead, hanging at his home in Mumbai’s Pali Hill on 27 December 2019. A suicide note was also reportedly found in which he did not held anyone responsible.
- Shriram Lagoo was a well-known theatre and film actor. He did more than 250 Hindi and Marathi films.
- The actor breathed his last at the age of 92 on17 December 2019.
- Veeru Krishnan was a dance trainer who was best known for his role in Aamir Khan and Karishma Kapoor’s film ‘Raja Hindustani’.
- Veeru trained many actresses including Priyanka Chopra, Katrina Kaif and Athiya Shetty.
- He was known as guru by the other celebrities.The actor died in Mumbai on September 7.
- Shaukat Kaifi also known as Shaukat Azmi, was an Indian theatre and film actress. She is the mother of actress Shabana Azmi.
- She was known for her performance in various films such as Bazaar, UmraoJaan, Faslah, Naina and Salaam Bombay!
- Her last film was Shaadi Ali’s Saathiya. Azmi died on 22 Nov 2019 at the age of 93 due to prolonged illness.
- Shivlekh Singh was a TV actor who did many TV serials like “Sankatmochan Hanuman”and “Sasural Simar Ka”.
- Singh died at a very young age in an accident. While Shivlekh died on the spot, his mother and father were injured.
Mohammed Zahur Khayyam
- Mohammed Zahur Khayyam Hashmi, who was famously known as Khayyam was born on 18 February 1927.
- He was an Indian music director who composed music for more than 50 films.
- He was one of the most popular music directors of Indian film industry.
- Khayyam died in a Mumbai hospital on 19 August 2019 at the age of 92.
- Veeru Devgan, father of Ajay Devgn was a renowned stunt director, who choreographed action sequences in films like India, Phool Aur Kaante, Shahenshah, and many others.
- He witnessed breathing trouble after which he was immediately admitted to Surya Hospital, Santa Cruz. Veeru Devgan died at the age of 85 on 27 May 2019.
- Bollywood celebrities such as Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, Sunny Deol, and AmitabhBachchan attended the funeral.
- VidyaSinha was an Indian actress who appeared in films like Rajnigandha, Chhoti Si Baat and Pati Patni Aur Woh.
- On 11 August 2019, she was admitted to hospital and on 15 August 2019, Sinha died due to respiratory failure at the age of 71.
- Girish Karnad was an Indian award-winning actor, film director, writer, who worked in South Indian and Bollywood cinema.
- His last film was Tiger Zinda Hai (2017), where he played the role of Dr.Shenoy.
- Girish Karnad died on 10 June 2019 at the age of 81 due to multiple organ failure following a prolonged illness.
- Geethanjali was a veteran Telugu actress who appeared in many Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi
- Geethanjali died on 31 October 2019 from cardiac arrest.
- Viju Khote was an Indian actor who was known for his iconic role as the dacoit ‘Kalia’ in the film Sholay (1995).
- The actor passed away on 30 Sep 2019 due to organ failure. He has been unwell since quite some time.