Do you know about these Indian CEOs in International Companies?
For Indians, among all sectors, the technology sector has been one of the biggest platforms to showcase their talent and capabilities. Good education, ability to work in difficult situations and managerial skills helped Indians achieve great success globally and the commendable part is that some of these people took full advantage of it to reach the top.
Here is a list of five Indian CEOs in International Companies:
Sundar Pichai – CEO Google LLC
- Pichai Sundararajan, who is popularly known as Sundar Pichai, was born on 12 July 1972 in Madurai, Tamil Nadu in a Tamil family.
- He finished Xth from Jawahar Vidyalaya and completed XII from Vana Vani School – IIT Madras.
- He received his degree from IIT Kharagpur in metallurgical engineering.
- Sunder holds an MBA degree from Wharton School of the University, Pennsylvania
- He joined Google in 2004, kept on stepping up the ladder and became CEO in 2015.
- In the year 2016, he was awarded 273,328 shares of Google’s holding company Alphabet, which resulted in a rise in his net worth. These shares were worth $199 million, and this took his holdings up to $650 million.
- His net worth is around US$ 1.2billion.
Satya Nadella – CEO – Microsoft
- Satya Narayana Nadella was born on 19 August 1967 in Hyderabad, India.
- Nadella finished his schooling from Hyderabad Public School.
- In 1988, he received his bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from the Manipal Institute of Technology, Karnataka.
- In 1990, Nadella moved to the US to study M.S. in computer science at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee.
- Nadella joined Microsoft in 1992 and on February 4, 2014, he was announced as the new CEO of Microsoft.
- Nadella wrote a book, “Hit Refresh” that explores his life, his career in Microsoft and how he believes technology will shape the future.
Sanjay Kumar Jha – Former CEO – Global Foundries and ex-chairman & CEO – Motorola Mobility
- Sanjay Kumar Jha was born in 1963 in Sultangunj, India.
- He completed his Bachelor from the University of Liverpool, England.
- He completed PhD in Electronics Engineering from the University of Strathclyde.
- Jha began his career at Qualcomm as a senior engineer with the Qualcomm.
- In 2008, he joined Motorola as co-CEO, while serving as CEO of Motorola’s Mobile Devices Business.
- His Net Worth is $1 Billion as of Jan 15, 2017.
- On 9 March 2018, he announced to step down from the post CEO of Global Foundries.
Shantanu Narayen – Chairman and CEO – Adobe Inc
- He completed schooling from Hyderabad Public School. Narayen earned bachelor’s degree in electronics from University College of Engineering, Osmania University, India.
- He completed MBA from University of California and master’s degree in computer science from Bowling Green State University, Ohio.
- He started his career from Apple. After Apple, he served as a director of desktop and collaboration products for Silicon Graphics, and then co-founded Pictra Inc.
- Narayen joined Adobe in 1998 as a senior vice-president and was later promoted to executive vice president of worldwide products, and appointed to his current post in November 2007 at the age of 45.
- Barack Obama appointed him as a member of his Management Advisory Board in the year 2011.
Nikesh Arora – CEO and chairman at Palo Alto Networks formerly with Google and SoftBank
- Born on 9 February 1968, Nikesh was referred to as “Elvis of Business” by Fortune.
- Nikesh graduated from IIT, BHU in Varanasi, India. He holds a degree from Boston College and MBA from Northeastern University.
- Nikesh joined Google in 2004 and resigned in 2014 from the post of Senior VP & Chief Business Officer.
- He later served as the president for SoftBank Group from October 2014 until stepping down on 21 June 2016.
- Arora took on the role of CEO and chairman at Palo Alto Networks on 1 June 2018.