Indian cricket team facts – Check out some interesting facts about the Indian Cricket Team– – records and amazing facts about Indian cricket team.
Indian cricket team facts
Interesting facts about the Indian Cricket Team
- Do you know, before playing for India Sachin Tendulkar played for Pakistan! This incident took place in 1987, during a practice match between India and Pakistan at the Brabourne Stadium. Tendulkar played as a substitute fielder for Pakistan.
- India is the only country in the world to win 60, 50 and 20-over World Cups.
- The Indian cricket team is the only team that has been dismissed fully twice in one day of a test match. The match was against England at Old Trafford in 1952.
- The only cricketer to play for both England and India is The Nawab of Pataudi (Senior), Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi, who was the grandfather of actor, Saif Ali Khan.
- The only Indian cricketer to have played 100 Test matches and did not play a single World Cup match is VVS Laxman.
Do read: The Largest Stadiums in India
- In Ranji Trophy which was played between Bombay and Baroda in 1985, Ravi Shastri was the first Indian to hit 6 sixes in an over. It was a
- RG Nadkarni bowled 21 maidens in a row in India’s first Test against England which was played in Madras in January 1964 – Indian cricket team facts
- Bishen Singh Bedi once surrender in an ODI match between India and Pakistan because of too much use of the bouncer deliveries by the Pakistani fast bowler, Sarfraz Nawaz! When this incident happened, India needed 23 runs from 14 balls with 8 wickets in hand.
- Ishant Sharma, Indian fast bowler holds a record of three highest scores made by any batsman. The list includes Alistair Cook – 294 Runs, Michael Clarke – 329 Runs, and Brendon McCullum – 302 Runs.
Must read: Amazing Facts about the Cricket Ball
- The former Indian captain, Mohammad Azharuddin is the only batsman to score three back to back centuries in his first three test matches.
- Prabir Sen of Bengal, India was the only wicketkeeper in the cricket history to have stumped Sir Donald Bradman of Australia – Indian cricket team facts
- Sourav Ganguly, Team India’s most successful cricket captain is the only such cricketer in the history of Cricket to have four consecutive ‘Man of the Match’ (MoM) awards in One Day International (ODI) format of cricket.
- Sunil Gavaskar was out of the very first ball of a Test match thrice in his cricketing career.
- Bapu Nadkarni sent down 131 deliveries without even conceding a single run versus England at Madras in 1964.
- India is the only nation to have won the 60-Over (1983), 50-Over (2011) and 20 over (2007) world cups.
- In 2011, India became the first team to win the World Cup as hosts of the final match.