Top Five Business Women India – Indian women are unique in many ways. A combination of intelligence plus street smarts they have today emerged as business leaders, leading and establishing a plethora of successful establishment fighting gender stereotyping in the business community. The last ten years have seen these women come out in full surge and become some of the top entrepreneurs in India.
Here we take a look at the top five business women India.
1. Naina Lal Kidwai
- First Indian women with an MBA from Harvard Business School
- Was Head of Investment Banking at ANZ Grindlays and Vice Chairman JM Morgan Stanley
- Current Country Head and Group General Manager HSBC Group India
- Padma Shri award holder for contributions in Trade and Industry
2. Vandana Luthra
- Founder and Vice Chairperson, VLCC Health Care Ltd.
- Chairperson of the Beauty & Wellness Sector Skill Council (B&WSSC). It is an initiative by the Government of India, to train and empower the children and other citizens of the country with some vocational courses.
- Graduated from the Polytechnic for Women, New Delhi. She further gained expertise in beauty, fitness, food and nutrition from Germany, France and the United Kingdom.
- Was honoured with Padma Shri award in 2013 for her impeccable contribution to the industry.
- Her net worth is INR 1300 crore (as of 2018).
3. Ekta Kapoor
- Creative Head of Balaji Telefilms
- Changed the face of Indian television and is referred as India’s soap queen
- Known forgiven many unknown faces a big break in her TRP record-breaking serials
- Won the Hall of Fame award at the 6th Indian Telly Awards
4. Ayesha Thapar
- Joint Managing Director in ICPT(real estate company of KCT Group)
- Economics graduate from Wellesley College, Boston with a major in mathematics
- Her NGO Nimaya has helped fund women entrepreneurs in the country on a wide scale
- Her Ayesha Thapar jewelry brand is today one of the leading brands in the world and has catered to the needs of many well-known celebrities
5. Indra Nooyi
- CFO and President of PepsiCo.
- Conferred with Padma Bhushan for her business achievements
- Has single handily helped Pepsi land 30 billion dollars worth of deals
- Has her education from the best with a Masters Degree in Public Management from Yale University and Masters in Finance and Marketing from IIM, Kolkata
All these leaders are role models of millions of Indian girls today. #makingindiaproud
Recommended Reading: Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal
top five business women India