Top Five Business Women India – Indian women are unique in many ways. A combination of intelligence plus street smarts they have today emerged as business leaders, leading and establishing a plethora of successful establishment fighting gender stereotyping in the business community. The last ten years have seen these women come out in full surge and become some of the top entrepreneurs in India.
Here we take a look at the top five business women India.
Must Read: First Indian women in Indian history
1. Naina Lal Kidwai
- First Indian women with an MBA from Harvard Business School
- Was Head of Investment Banking at ANZ Grindlays and Vice Chairman JM Morgan Stanley, worked with Standard Chartered Bank and HSBC.
- Chairman of HSBC Asset Management (India) and HSBC InvestDirect (India)
- Padma Shri award holder for contributions in Trade and Industry
2. Vandana Luthra
- Founder and Vice Chairperson, VLCC Health Care Ltd.
- Chairperson of the Beauty & Wellness Sector Skill Council (B&WSSC) under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana scheme.
- Graduated from the Polytechnic for Women, New Delhi. She further gained expertise in beauty, fitness, food and nutrition from Germany, France and the United Kingdom.
- Was honoured with Padma Shri award in 2013 for her impeccable contribution to the industry.
- Vandana has been involved with various NGOs working towards providing meals, education and vocational training to underprivileged children.
3. Ekta Kapoor
- Promoter and Creative Head of Balaji Telefilms
- Changed the face of Indian television and is referred to as India’s soap queen
- Known for giving many unknown faces a big break in her TRP record-breaking serials
- Won the Hall of Fame award at the 6th Indian Telly Awards
- Ventured into Bollywood movies and her production house has delivered many successful movies
4. Ayesha Thapar
- Joint Managing Director in ICPT (real estate company of KCT Group)
- An economics graduate from Wellesley College, Boston with a major in mathematics
- Her NGO Nimaya has helped fund women entrepreneurs
- Owns a jewellery brand
5. Indra Nooyi
- She has been inducted on the Board of Directors of Amazon.
- Served as CFO and President of PepsiCo.
- Conferred with Padma Bhushan for her business achievements
- Listed in “100 Most Influential People In The World” of Time Magazine’ in 2007 and 2008
- Has her education from the best with a Masters Degree in Public Management from Yale University and a Masters in Finance and Marketing from IIM, Kolkata
All these leaders are role models of millions of Indian girls today. #makingindiaproud
Recommended Reading: Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal