Are you wondering why you’re hearing so much about Instagram reels feature? Instagram, which is a simple, fun, and creative way to capture, edit, and share photos, videos, and messages with friends and family has now stepped up its game with its latest update which came out at 7:30 IST on 8 July 2020.
Instagram launched a new feature called ‘Reels’. This new feature of Instagram lets its users record and share short 15-second videos just like TikTok. With a ban of 59 Chinese apps in India, the new Instagram Reels is surely going to be a hit with users.
A step-by-step guide on how to use Instagram reels –
Aren’t you wondering how to use Instagram reels? Well, it’s easy.
- Open Instagram.
- Slide to the right, where you avail other Instagram features like Insta live and boomerang.
- Choose Reels as an option.
- Choose the Audio you prefer.
- Select the speed of your video.
- Choose effects/filters for your video.
- Adjust the timer.
- Make your video.
- Upload it as and when you like.
With these easy steps, you will be able to see your uploaded reels alongside your posts and IGTVs. To avail the service all you need is the latest version of Instagram. As a matter of fact, India is the fourth country, after Brazil, Germany, and France, to test this feature of Instagram. Hence, not every user might get the feature.
Instagram has partnered with various music labels to provide a variety of songs and music to create content.
Looking for some more features of Instagram reels?
Unlike any regular Instagram stories:
- Reels consist of a tool called, ‘use Audio’. This allows others to use original audio to create reels.
- You can add captions and hashtags to your reels.
- Reels can also be shared in the ‘Explore’ section and can be viewed by everyone on the social media platform, apart from your followers.
Recommended Reading: What is the Bubonic Plague?