An entertainer, actor, producer, a doting husband and father, you should know these interesting facts about Anil Kapoor.
Anil Kapoor is one of the most popular Bollywood heroes till date. He was born on 24th December 1956 in Mumbai and brought up in Chembur to film producer Surinder Kapoor. He is the most conspicuous performing artist of Indian silver screen. In Hindi cinema for over 25 years now, he is also the best example of a man who has aged gracefully. He is not only a versatile actor but also a successful producer.
Let’s find out some interesting facts about Anil Kapoor:
- He debuted when he was just 14. In 1971, he played the role of young Shashi Kapoor in Tu Payal Mein Geet. However, the film did not release in the theatres.
- In 1979, he got his first film ‘Hamare Tumhare’. The music in the film was given by legendary R D Burman.
- He worked in over 125 Bollywood movies.
Must Read: Unknown Facts About Kailash Kher
- Apart from Bollywood, he has also worked in Hollywood in 2008 in ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ which was his first International collaboration with Donny Boyle in the year 2008.
- Anil was part of the eighth season of the international series 24, which got him huge appreciation worldwide. Anil also made 24 in Hindi for Indian television. This also turned out to be a huge success.
- Anil was not the first choice for Mr.India, one of the super hit movies. The movie was offered to Amitabh Bachchan and after he refused, Anil got the role.
- Reportedly Anil wanted to join Pune Film Institute, but couldn’t get through. He took training from Roshan Taneja’s acting school.
- He is a proud father of three successful children Sonam, Rhea and Harshvardhan Kapoor. With each of them growing up; it looks like he is losing some more grey hair. He is a young old man in the industry.
- Many of us did not know that Anil Kapoor is a trained semi-classical singer and an all-rounder when it comes to talent. He has sung in ‘Pyar Kiya Nahi Jaata’ from ‘Woh 7 Din’ in 1983 and ‘I Love You’ from ‘Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai’ in 2000.
- He has received many Film fare awards, for movies like No Entry, Welcome, Race, Race 2, Dil Dhadakne Do and many more.
- His first Filmfare Best Actor award was for Tezaab.
- He got National Award for the film ‘Pukar’.
- Anil is a fitness freak and is very particular about what he eats.