Deepika Padukone is an Indian actor and her success story is worth reading. Dig deep into her life with some interesting facts about Deepika Padukone.
Lovingly called as the girl next door by many of her co-stars and colleagues, she has gained a huge fan following with her amazing acting skills and her flamboyant gait. Whether it is about walking the Red Carpet or appearing for talk shows, Deepika has nailed it in all terms. Recently, Deepika married her soul mate and best friend Ranveer Singh and the wedding made a lot of headlines.
Here are some interesting facts about Deepika Padukone:
- Deepika was born on January 5, 1986, in the capital of Denmark, Copenhagen.
- She is the daughter of famous badminton player Mr Prakash Padukone and her sister Anisha is an international level golf player.
- When Deepika was very young, her family shifted to Bengaluru and she was raised there.
- Deepika was fond of playing badminton. She played badminton at the national level championship. At the age of 17, she quit badminton and stepped into the modeling world. To boost her modeling career, she appeared in several ramps and television commercials.
- She started learning acting in Anupam Kher Acting School. In 2006, she shot for Kingfisher Swimsuit Calendar. In the same year, she won two awards, Female Model of the Year and Fresh Face of the Year award at the Idea Zee Fashion Awards.
- Deepika was made brand ambassador of Kingfisher Airlines. After being a successful model, she stepped into the film industry.
- She appeared in her first Kannada film ‘Aishwarya’ in 2006 opposite Upendra Patel.
- She had also appeared in Himesh Reshammiya’s album ‘Aap Kaa Surroor’.
- In 2007, she debuted in Bollywood against Shah Rukh Khan in ‘Om Shanti Om’, where her voice was dubbed in by dubbing artist Mona Ghosh Shetty. The film made good business at the box office. Along with India, the film earned a lot of appreciation and business from overseas. She had won the Filmfare Best Actress Award for this film.
- It was in the meantime when she had a downfall in her career and suffered depression. But she was vocal about the emotional and mental turmoil she had been suffering. She courageously dealt with depression and found an NGO the Live Love Laugh Foundation, to help people suffering from different mental problems.
- She has also adopted a village, Ambe in Maharashtra and is working continuously towards its development.
- After coming out stronger and fiercer from her mental issues, she never looked back and gave many superhits one after the other. She worked in all the major films like Bachna Ae Haseeno, Chandni Chowk to China, Desi Boyz, Chennai Express, Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani, Goliyon ki Rasleela Ram-Leela, Bajirao Mastani, Padmavat, Piku, and so on. These films have achieved tremendous success at the box office.
- Apart from Bollywood, she has also worked in Hollywood. In 2017, she stepped into Hollywood with the film ‘XXX: Return of Xander Cage’, with Hollywood Ace actor Vin Diesel.
- The lovebirds Deepika and Ranveer, after dating each other for 6 years, got married in 2018.
- She was given the title of the most followed Asian woman on Twitter in 2016. She has 25.5 million followers on Twitter as of Jan 2019.
- In 2018, Forbes released the list of highest-grossing Indian celebrities, where Deepika was at number four.
- Soon, she will be seen in the film ‘Chhapak’, directed by Meghna Gulzar. This film is a biopic of acid attack survivor Laxmi Agrawal.