Do you know these interesting facts about Govinda?
Govinda is the very definition of a Bollywood star and very well known for his comedy roles. He was born on December 21, 1963. His first Bollywood debut was in 1986 and since then he has acted in over 120 films. With immensely popular and incredibly loved, the actor became an icon in his way. The actor redefined what it meant to be a star and achieved heights that only a few have in this line of work. His hardworking mentality and consistent performance made him a top class actor in Bollywood. He is known to be one of the most down to earth and kind-hearted actors.
Must Read: Interesting Facts about Priyanka Chopra
Let’s find out some interesting facts about Govinda:
- His full name is Govind Arun Ahuja. He was born in Virar, Maharashtra. He grew up in the slums of Mumbai and saved money to go to the movies. At age of 15, he was rejected by Rajshri Studios even after several trials to get a part.
- On 11th March 1987, he tied the knot with his wife but his marital status was kept a secret for almost 5 years.
- He holds a degree in Commerce and was rejected even from the job of a steward at Hotel Taj Mahal due to his poor English.
- Govinda is fondly referred to as Chi Chi, which means little finger.
- Only a few people know that he is trained for Indian classical dance and is famous for his iconic dance moves in Bollywood.
- He was voted the world’s tenth-greatest star of stage or screen in a BBC News Online poll in 1999.
- He has also done playback singing, lending his vocals to films like Shola Aur Shabnam, Haseena Maan Jaayegi and Aankhen.
- David Dhawan and Govinda’s partnership is well known and they started their journey in 1989 with movie Taaqatwar.
- During the shooting of his film Khuddar 1994, Govinda nearly escaped death in a car accident. Despite severe injuries to his head and heavy blood loss, Govinda recovered in due time and did not withdraw from the film.
- He has rejected hugely successful films like Gadar: Ek Prem Katha, Taal, and Devdas.
- Govinda holds a record for acting in 49 films simultaneously and signing 14 films in 36 hours.