All the fans are always on the lookout for interesting facts about Priyanka Chopra.
Priyanka Chopra is a former Femina Miss India-World title (2000) winner. She was born on July 18, 1982, in Jamshedpur to doctor parents Ashok and Madhu Chopra. She got married to Nick Jonas, an American actor and musician in December 2018 in Jaipur. Due to her deep compassion for people belonging to the marginalised sections of the society, she has been actively involved in charity works in India and USA.
Here are some interesting facts about Priyanka Chopra.
- Voted Sexiest Asian Woman in 2006 by Eastern Eye, an Asian newspaper published in Britain and is at 2nd place in 2018.
- Has been brand ambassador of some highly reputed brands like TAG Heuer, Garnier, Nokia, Pepsi, Nestlé, and many more.
- Selected at the state level for the National Opus Honour Choir in the USA.
- She offers special benefits to female employees in her production house ‘Purple Pebble Pictures’.
- In Jharkhand International Film Festival 2018 she was honoured with ‘Sridevi Excellence Award’.
- Forbes Magazine in 2017 had listed her among the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women.
- She has a tattoo that reads “Daddy’s lil girl” in her father’s handwriting on her right wrist, in the memory of her loving father.
- A philanthropist, she has been a UNICEF India Ambassador for years now.
- She started ‘The Priyanka Chopra Foundation’, focusing on providing education and medical care to young girls. Additionally, she donates 10% of her earnings to the foundation.
- She has some unique nicknames like Piggy Chops, PC and Mimi.
- A doll was created to honour her as “Bollywood Legend” by Spin Master Toys UK.
- Her engagement ring is worth $200,000. It is also believed that her parents had got her a solitaire earlier in life with the intention that her future husband should buy her a bigger solitaire than that.
- The first film she ever signed, titled “Good Night Princess”, directed by Atlee Brar,was before winning the title of Miss India –World (2000). She shot the film for about a month before winning the Miss World title. Based on the life of Priyanka Gandhi, the film was shelved due to insufficient funds