Happy Republic Day 2022: Checkout these interesting facts about Indian Republic Day
Here are some Interesting facts about Republic Day. The Republic Day is celebrated on 26th January every year to honour the day on which the Constitution of India came into effect in 1950. The Republic Day celebrations in New Delhi are held at Rajpath. It doesn’t matter how many times we witness the parade, the praiseworthy performances and the brilliant display of stunts by the Indian Armed Forces and other countrymen never fail to impress us. On this occasion, we bring you ten facts you should know about Republic Day:
Also Read: List of chief guest on republic day parade
Interesting facts about Republic Day
- On 26th January 1930, India pledged to fight for complete freedom or Purna Swaraj from the British Raj.
- The first Republic Day parade in its present form was held at Rajpath in 1955.
- The Indian Constitution is written by Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, which took around 2 years, 11 months, and 18 days to complete. It was adopted by the Constituent Assembly of India on 26th November 1949 and came into effect on 26th January 1950.
- India’s Constitution is the longest constitution in the world. It has a total of 448 articles.
- There are two hand-written original copies of the constitution – one in English and the other in Hindi. They are preserved in cases filled with helium gas to keep them intact in the Library of Parliament House of India.
Do check: Download beautiful Republic Day status videos
Some more interesting facts about Republic Day
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India took the oath of Presidentship at Durbar Hall of government house (now called Rashtrapati Bhawan) for the first time on 26th January 1950.
- The Beating Retreat ceremony is held every year on 29th January at Vijay Chowk by the Indian Armed Forces. It marks the end of Republic Day celebrations in India.
- The eve of Republic Day is chosen to announce a majority of National awards like the Bharat Ratna, the Kirti Chakra, the Padma Awards, and so on.
- The National anthem of India was written by Rabindranath Tagore in 1911. It was sung for the first time in the meeting of the Indian National Congress (INC) at Kolkata (then Calcutta) on 27th December 1911.
- ‘Satyamev Jayate’ (one of the most widely used Indian motto) is taken from the Mundaka Upanishad
Recommended Reading: Interesting facts about India Gate
For more updates,”Interesting facts about Republic Day”, do follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for interesting content. For watching our collection of videos, follow us on YouTube.
One thought on “Happy Republic Day 2022: Checkout these interesting facts about Indian Republic Day”