Interesting facts about Shivangi Joshi – An Indian television actress born on 18 May 1995 famous for her role of Naira Goenka in Star Plus’s Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai has a huge fan following. Let’s find some more about this beautiful girl.
Interesting facts about Shivangi Joshi
- Born on 18th May, 1995 in Dehradun, Shivangi spent a large part of her childhood around Rishikesh.
- She did her schooling from Pine High School, Dehradun.
- She is a trained Kathak dancer and participated in many dance competitions during her school days.
- Shivangi started her acting career in 2013 with the TV serial ‘Khelti Hai Zindagi Aankh Micholi’. After that, she was seen in many serials like – ‘Beintehaa’, ‘Begusarai’, ‘Love By Chance’ ‘Yeh Hai Aashiqui’, and ‘Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya’, etc.
- In May 2016, she landed the role of Naira, daughter of Akshara in the already famous TV serial Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai of Star Plus from where she gained immense popularity and fame.
- By the age of 20, Shivangi won many awards including Star Parivaar Awards and Zee Gold Awards.
- Shivangi is said to be in a relationship with her longtime co-star Mohsin Khan whom she first met on the sets of ‘Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai’.
- Apart from acting in serials, she has also appeared in many TV ads.
- She also has a very huge fan following on social media.
Must read: Top most handsome actors of Indian TV
More Interesting facts about Shivangi Joshi
- When the show ‘Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai’ started, Hina Khan was the main lead in the serial. But after Hina Khan quit the show, Shivangi got into the limelight.
- Audience love the onscreen chemistry between Mohsin Khan and Shivangi Joshi as Kartik Goenka and Naira Goenka .They both are certainly one of the most loved actors and one of the most famous onscreen couples.
- She was listed on the fifth position in the “50 Sexiest Asian Women in the World 2018” list released by a UK-based weekly newspaper Eastern Eye.
- Shivangi and Mohsin, both received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2019 for the best actress and actor. They showed their happiness and love by posting a photo of them with the award in their Instagram stories.
- Dadasaheb Phalke Award is given to a person for outstanding contribution to the growth and development of Indian cinema.