Before discussing some interesting facts about Sudha Murthy, let’s take a quick sneak peek into sudha murthy life story.
Sudha Murthy is a renowned figure in herself, she needs no introduction. She is one of the most humble and well-read persons you will ever meet Mr. N.R. Narayana Murthy, the co-founder of Infosys, is truly a lucky man to have such a gem of a person as his wife.
sudha murthy life story – what is an interesting fact about sudha murthy? Well, there are quite a few interesting facts about sudha murthy… Let’s find out more about her through these interesting facts about Sudha Murthy.
- Sudha Murthy was born on 19 August 1950 in a Madhwa family in Shiggaon, Karnataka to surgeon Dr. R. H. Kutti and his wife Vimala Kulkarni.
- She is an Indian engineer, talented teacher, philanthropist and writer in Kannada and English.
interesting facts about Sudha Murthy – Educational Qualifications about sudha murthy – sudha murthy interesting facts – sudha murthy life story
- She completed B.E. in Electrical Engineering from KLE Technological University, Hubli, Karnataka.
- Sudha Murthy completed M.E in Computer Science from the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India standing first in her class and receiving a gold medal from the Indian Institute of Engineers, Delhi.
interesting facts about Sudha Murthy – Sudha Murthy facts about Career – sudha murthy interesting facts
- Sudha Murthy began her professional career as a computer science engineer.
- She became the first female engineer hired in India’s largest auto manufacturer company TATA Engineering and Locomotive Company (TELCO). Murthy joined the company as a Development Engineer in Pune and then moved to Mumbai and Jamshedpur.
- Murthy initiated a bold move to introduce computer and library facilities in all schools in Karnataka and taught computer science to students. She also supported the movement to provide similar facilities in the government schools in Karnataka.
Some more unknown sudha murthy facts – sudha murthy life story – unknown facts about sudha murthy
- In the year 1995, she was awarded the ‘Best Teacher Award’ from Rotary Club at Bangalore.
- In 1996, she started Infosys Foundation and to date, she has been the Trustee of Infosys Foundation and a Visiting Professor at the PG Center of Bangalore University.
- She is the chairperson of the Infosys Foundation and also a member of public health care initiatives of the Gates Foundation.
- Two institutions were endowed and inaugurated by the Infosys Foundation: Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) department at IIT Kanpur and the Narayan Rao Melgiri Memorial National Law Library at NLSIU, Bangalore.
interesting facts about Sudha Murthy
what is an interesting fact about sudha murthy?
- Her first notable work entitled is ‘How I taught my Grandmother to Read’ & many other short stories.
- Sudha Murthy has written many books, from which two are travelogues, two technical books, six novels, and three educative books.
- She has founded several orphanages and established ‘The Murthy Classical Library of India’ at Harvard University.
fun facts about sudha murthy – facts about sudha murthy
- Sudha Murthy has also acted in the Marathi film ‘Pitruroon’ and a Kannada film ‘Prarthana’.
- She also taught at Christ University.
- In the year 2018, Sudha Murthy received the Life Time Achievement Award at the Crossword-Raymond Book Awards.
- In an interview with the Filmfare magazine, she revealed that she has more than 500 DVDs in her home. She loves to watch movies and is a movie buff.
You can also find sudha murthy books and read some of her best works.