From a brilliant software engineering graduate who paved her way to become one of the most established and acknowledged faces in Bollywood, the very gorgeous and talented Taapsee Pannu is an Indian model and actress who has marked her presence in numerous Tamil, Telegu, Hindi, and Malayalam movies. We have some fascinating facts about the versatile actress that you definitely don’t want to miss. Let’s find out some interesting facts about Taapsee Pannu life and career.
Interesting facts about Taapsee Pannu life and career
Taapsee Pannu personal life and education
- Taapsee spent her childhood and teenage in New Delhi.
- She completed her graduation from Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology, New Delhi.
- Taapsee had an ambition of pursuing an MBA and even got 88% in CAT examination.
- She always enjoyed going to school and excelled in co-curricular activities as well.
- The actress comes from a Jat family background.
- The ‘Naam Shabana’ fame actress Taapsee Pannu has an interesting childhood nickname – Maggi because of her charming curly hair.
- She started learning Kathak and Bharatnatyam since the time she was in the fourth standard and won accolades during her college life.
Interesting facts about Taapsee Pannu life and career – Biography
Taapsee Pannu career
- At the onset of her career as a model, she participated in Miss India 2008 pageant and won various titles such as Pantaloons Femina Fresh Face and Safi Femina Miss Beautiful Skin in 2008.
- The pivotal turning point in her career was when she auditioned for Channel V’s Talent Show- ‘Get Gorgeous’. Although she filled the form randomly, her luck destined it further and she became a full-time model. Her modeling career flourished with time and later on, she was also featured in plenty advertisements of some top-notch brands like Coca-Cola, Motorola, PVR Cinemas, Airtel, Dabur, etc.
- She debuted in Bollywood by sharing the silver screen in David Dhawan’s 2013 comedy movie- ‘Chasme Badoor’ with colossal Bollywood actors Rishi Kapoor, Anupam Kher, and Ali Zafar in lead roles.
- Her intellect on women empowerment is unparalleled and inspiring at the same time. The actress also received phenomenal appraisals for her spirited roles in the film ‘Pink’ and “Thappad” stressing on women empowerment and sensitive issues like domestic violence.
Taapsee Pannu – the entrepreneur
It is little less known that Taapsee is a successful entrepreneur too. She has her own event management company-‘The Wedding Factory’ which organizes several events and weddings. She runs the company along with her two partners Farah Parvaresh and her beloved little sister Shagun Pannu.
Must Read:Interesting facts about Madhuri Dixit
Interesting facts about Taapsee Pannu life, career, awards, likes
Taapsee Pannu awards
Spreading some light on a few of the abounding awards she has won include:
- “The Lux Golden Rose Awards for Rising Star of the Year” for her movie- ‘Pink’ in 2017,
- “Hindustan Times Most Stylish Award 2018”,
- GeoSpa AsiaSpa award for – “Best Actress Critics (Female)” for the film ‘Naam Shabana’ in 2018.
What Taapsee Pannu likes…
- She is a food fanatic and says that’s she lives to eat. Her relished food choices include the iconic street food of Delhi like chole bhature and papri chaat.
- Chinese and Japanese cuisines are something she is always obsessed with.
- An absolutely perfect example of beauty with brain, she also likes bike riding and plays the game -squash every single day. In her opinion, it is the most excellent way to keep her energetic and fit.